[Release] The new Video Pro X is here!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/8/2017, 7:09 AM

Dear Community,

Today, we released the latest version of Video Pro X! In preparation, we listened to your feedback and developed many feature suggestions, which were particularly important for our users. With the new Video Pro X, you’ll experience new video effects, deep color editing, and many more features to take your video editing talents to a whole new level!

You can find more information here: http://www.magix.com/us/video-pro-x/

We hope that you enjoy the new version!

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 5/12/2017, 1:14 AM

Your info page says VPX(9) will have Mercalli Stabilizer V2...Is that a typo? VPX8 has Mercalli Stabilizer V4 which works great. I don't want to loose that.

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 5/12/2017, 1:17 AM

Is DVDPRO HD included in the software, or does that CODEC need to purchased separately? Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 5/12/2017, 3:23 AM

Hi,

VPX8 has Mercalli Stabilizer V4 which works great. I don't want to loose that.

You won't! It's still there after the upgrade.

Not sure about your second question; I will try to investigate this later today.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Svendus wrote on 9/7/2017, 12:14 AM

processor load creating 4K proxy files ?

no hardware acceleration

Hi Mathias we bought and installed the Magix VIdeo Pro X 2017-06-28 order number 20170628011542136MXC does it mean that we have to upgrade the program 2017-09

MAGIX Video Pro X
Version 15.0.4.171 (UDP3)
UC code 8424 KAI

with a payed upgrade to get hardware acceleration ?

regards Svendus

emmrecs wrote on 9/7/2017, 3:48 AM

@Svendus

This announcement thread was started by Mathias in May this year so is "slightly old"!

However, VPX 15.0.4.171 is the latest version, so no update is needed or available.

As to HWA, that very much depends on whether your CPU includes a graphics processor. Unfortunately, according to Intel's own data page for the processor, it doesn't! I think HWA for you is not possible, sorry.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DugsBugs wrote on 9/7/2017, 10:53 PM

@MAGIX_Redaktion
I purchased Pro X and installed it last week and have had endless problems with it compared to Pro X7.
I tried updating today and it cancelled my serial with no option to register online in the help menu.
When I click on "About" it just shows 0 days remaining and I can't do anything with the program.
I have sent an email to support today about all my bugs but I would like to know how to update even though I don't think it's going to fix the bugs.
Doug

Svendus wrote on 9/8/2017, 1:40 AM

@Svendus

This announcement thread was started by Mathias in May this year so is "slightly old"!

However, VPX 15.0.4.171 is the latest version, so no update is needed or available.

As to HWA, that very much depends on whether your CPU includes a graphics processor. Unfortunately, according to Intel's own data page for the processor, it doesn't! I think HWA for you is not possible, sorry.

Jeff

Ok Thank You Jeff

you use a german date format not the international, that was my mistake 😉

Movie Studio Platinum 14.0 uses Our NVIDIA GPU and we have here a 4K rendering factor on 1:2 in MAGIX Video Pro X it is around 1:4 , but the computer are strong enough to handle several 4K video streams without creating the time consuming proxy files.

Regards Svendus

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2017, 3:57 AM

@DugsBugs

You have a very specific problem with your installation of VPX. Hence, in the update announcement thread it is really not the place to post!

Please start a new thread; it is more likely you will receive possibly helpful answers if you do.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

DugsBugs wrote on 9/8/2017, 5:10 AM

@emmrecs
This was posted in response to Mathias post and was aimed at him.
It doesn't seem to matter where I post, it seems to be in the wrong place.
I will wait to hear back from him since he was the one announcing the new version.
This is a general magix issue. You found it so I'm sure others will as well.

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2017, 5:16 AM

@DugsBugs

Mathias is NOT Magix support, he is actually the Forum Manager and hence the staff-member responsible for posting the update announcements.

Any message to him requiring technical support has, therefore, to be sent on by him to someone else, even presuming he actually sees your post!

Hence, my suggestion of starting a new thread!

Jeff

DugsBugs wrote on 9/8/2017, 5:38 AM

@emmrecs
Thanks.
Do I just click on the "new comment" for that?
He did actually answer the first post I made.
Sorry if I am ignorant to the process.
Doug

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 9/8/2017, 11:55 AM

I purchased Pro X and installed it last week and have had endless problems with it compared to Pro X7.
I tried updating today and it cancelled my serial with no option to register online in the help menu.
When I click on "About" it just shows 0 days remaining and I can't do anything with the program.
I have sent an email to support today about all my bugs but I would like to know how to update even though I don't think it's going to fix the bugs.
Doug

@DugsBugs Video ProX is a fairly stable platform. If you're having problems, you may want to do a clean reinstall. You may need to clean-up your registry. The bugs may be coming from your computer/OS. How old is your computer? Are all your drivers up-to-date?

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2017, 12:06 PM

@PsychotropicFilms

Doug has now started a new thread on this question.

amenproletar wrote on 10/27/2017, 2:28 PM

Well that's a good thing to have the MAGIX Software. Actually they helped me a lot!

jim-martin wrote on 2/13/2018, 1:48 PM

I have Vegas 14 and 15 They did the same to Vegas 15.

emmrecs wrote on 2/13/2018, 2:29 PM

@jim-martin

Since this thread is the announcement of the release of the current version of VPX, posted originally in August 2017, I'm really not sure that your post can be considered in any way relevant.

Please do not post to any thread comments which are really nothing whatsoever to do with the thread. Otherwise, it becomes very difficult for other users to properly follow and understand.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

jim-martin wrote on 2/13/2018, 3:26 PM

The Users were talking Mericalli 4 stabilizer That was in Version 8 is no linger in the current version of "VPX".

This is Why I would keep the version of the software that has Mericalli v4 Stabilizer .The one being used is out of date .When did you Magix Release Video Pro X and Vegas Pro 15 ?

I had wondered if i would be better off with Magix Video Pro X. For example the Import of adobe projects does not work properly.

emmrecs wrote on 2/14/2018, 3:43 AM

@jim-martin

One poster asked about Mercalli Stabilizer version 4 and I could happily tell him that it was still on my system following the update to the new version of VPX.

The latest VPX was released in May 2017, as this announcement thread shows; I don't know about Vegas Pro 15 but I think it was sometime later? BTW, you ask when "you" (implying "we", posters to the forum) released these softwares. You need to understand this is a user to user forum; none of us are Magix employees, even the Moderators. Magix staff do occasionally post, like to the beginning of this thread to announce the release of the new VPX.

Your final paragraph mentions "import of Adobe projects does not work properly". Import to where? Since Adobe Premiere Pro projects are almost certainly in a proprietary format, no other video editing program is likely to be able to import them.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Former user wrote on 5/8/2018, 9:10 AM

Since Adobe Premiere Pro projects are almost certainly in a proprietary format, no other video editing program is likely to be able to import them.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

For future reference I want to say that this is entirely wrong. Premiere Pro CC projects are just gzipped XML files. Rename to .zip and you can open it up in Windows File Explorer and take the XML out. If you feed the XML back to Premiere Pro CC, it will re-gzip it.

But it's not proprietary, beyond the fact that it expects the XML to be formed in a manner specified for that application (but that is the same for anything that uses and XML-based project file).

emmrecs wrote on 5/8/2018, 9:29 AM

@Former user welcome to the Magix forums.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

I accept that Premiere Pro CC project files are, basically, XML files. However, the fact that Adobe choose to use a non-proprietary format for their project files does not in any way negate the substance of my comment that you copied in your post. PP project files contain ALL the information that PP needs to be able to handle a PP project; I stand by my comment that "no other video editing program is likely to be able to import them".  Perhaps I should have added to my original statement to read "import and use them as is" in order to open and run a PP project in any other video editor.

Of course, if a user wishes to open a PP XML file and convert ALL its data to a format which another video editing package can read and understand, then "application interchange" might be possible!

Jeff

Former user wrote on 7/4/2018, 11:31 PM

@Former user welcome to the Magix forums.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

I accept that Premiere Pro CC project files are, basically, XML files. However, the fact that Adobe choose to use a non-proprietary format for their project files does not in any way negate the substance of my comment that you copied in your post. PP project files contain ALL the information that PP needs to be able to handle a PP project; I stand by my comment that "no other video editing program is likely to be able to import them".  Perhaps I should have added to my original statement to read "import and use them as is" in order to open and run a PP project in any other video editor.

Of course, if a user wishes to open a PP XML file and convert ALL its data to a format which another video editing package can read and understand, then "application interchange" might be possible!

Jeff

To first Bold:

Yes, it completely negates it because you completely misrepresented the facts in your argument. You are talking about Premiere Pro Projects are if they are analogous to Binary Microsoft Office 2003 Documents, which is absolutely not hte case. They are not a Black Box requiring complex reverse engineering. They are zipped up text XML documents that you can simply pull out and look at.

The reason why Project Format Interoperability is difficult is because different software packages have different and divergent feature sets. This means that you have to map the functionality that the software exposes in the project file with the functionality in your software. Where there are disparities in functionality, you run into issues. This is why using a Premiere Pro Project "as is" (second bolding) is an absolutely awful idea.

Premiere Pro Project files are not an Interchange Format like AAF and EDL. They are Project Files for a specific [family of] applications - those Media Editors in Adobe CC. The Project files are designed to host information about functionality specific to those applications. If you edit a PrPro Project in Vegas and use Vegas-specific functionality - which is not mapped, or mapped cleanly, to functionality in Premiere Pro - you will break the project for Premiere Pro users.

This is precisely why business standardize on software, and don't just mix Microsoft Office with LibreOffice and WordPerfect Office "because they can all save to the same format." This is why Premiere Pro has to update your project file when they release major updates with new functionality. They aren't changing it for the sake of changing it. The project file format HAS to change to accommodate the new elements that can be inserted into it, to map to new functionality in the software.

This is also why VEGAS Pro Projects are only FORWARD COMPATIBLE, and NOT backward compatible to older versions.

The idea that you can Import a Premiere Pro project into completely unrelated software and use it As Is, without running into issues is a complete fallacy. If that was the case, Adobe wouldn't destructively upgrade your project format when loading it into a newer version/update of Premiere Pro... Certainly they know how to support their own project format, no? Microsoft Office takes a safer approach to this - opening the files up to Compatibility Mode (which means new features are not accessible until you convert the file).

There exist interchange formats to serve this purpose. Premiere Pro supports these. Premiere Pro Projects are not for interchange or cross-NLE editing. They never have been, and almost no professional uses them this way.

Complaining about it makes no sense at all, and is a display of complete lack of knowledge on why these things are the way they are, and why there are alternatives specific for this task in existence.

Vegas Pro projects are less interoperable than Premiere Pro projects at this point in time - by a long shot.

Only an amateur would do that. A professional would just ask for an AAF or EDL (whichever is appropriate) from the Premiere Pro users and just import that into their NLE and relink the media.

Again, there are Interchange Formats that exists for this reason. Complaining about Premiere Pro Projects being "Proprietary" (cause what Application-Specific Project format isn't "proprietary"?) reeks of cluelessness.

If you're switching NLEs, then exercise some common sense and export your projects out of Premiere into the new NLE before you shut off your Creative Cloud Subscription. Premiere can export as many formats as VEGAS Pro (and it's support for those is likely better maintained than that of VEGAS Pro, to be frank).

klimbo12 wrote on 9/14/2018, 1:22 PM

Moderator: Post edited to remove non-Magix links.

browj2 wrote on 9/28/2018, 12:36 PM

Hi Jeff,

Please delete my post.

Thanks,

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

emmrecs wrote on 9/28/2018, 2:33 PM

Hi John.

You'll see I've deleted both your post and my response.

Jeff