[Release] SOUND FORGE Pro 12 - The all-new SOUND FORGE Pro

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/5/2018, 5:05 AM

Dear Community,

Yesterday we released the biggest update to SOUND FORGE Pro since its first appearance 25 years ago. SOUND FORGE Pro began as a revolutionary mastering workstation for audio engineers in 1993. Since then the software has been adopted by many leading audio professionals the world over, such as Ted Perlman, Paul Brown and Anthony Casuccio.

What's new?

SOUND FORGE Pro 12 further enhances the traditional strengths of SOUND FORGE Pro by adding new mastering and restoration features, along with modern hardware and platform compatibility. The software has a new 64-bit architecture and a large suite of additional plug-in effects, which now benefit from VST3 compatibility. DSD formats are supported in the new version and allow for import and export of audio files in optimal quality. SOUND FORGE Pro 12 also makes use of psychoacoustic mastering, which can prevent conversion artifacts through high-quality Pow-r Dithering algorithms.

Four tools from MAGIX’s high-end broadcasting software SEQUOIA were also added in the new version. The Wave Hammer 2.0 tool offers automatic mastering options while still giving users total control over their sound. The features DeHisser, DeClicker/DeCrackler and DeClipper provide SOUND FORGE Pro extensive audio restoration capabilities.

SOUND FORGE's product owner Thomas Wolf, says:

“All improvements in SOUND FORGE Pro 12 are based on feedback from our users. We completely focused on their requests. The overall performance of SOUND FORGE Pro has been considerably enhanced by bringing the software to the 64-bit platform, and the new VST3 support grants access to a huge variety of plug-in effects. We've also added a large number of professional plug-ins and features but the software retains an intuitive workflow. We truly believe that, on its 25th anniversary, SOUND FORGE Pro 12 sets a new benchmark for the professional audio production industry.”

There are three versions of SOUND FORGE Pro 12 to choose from:

•    SOUND FORGE Pro 12                
•    SOUND FORGE Pro 12 Suite      
•    SOUND FORGE Pro 365                

For everybody who took advantage of the offer "Buy 11, Get 12 for Free", please be a little patient. You should receive an email this week.

We are excited to see what you think about the new version – let us know!

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

panatrope wrote on 4/7/2018, 10:05 PM

Just downloaded the demo. I have been with SF since V4.5. Currently have SFPro 10e, SFAS10, SFAS 12.5 and SFPro 11 in play on various desktops. (Also REAPER ... and WaveLab!) I didn't really take to 11 because it didn't do anything for my workflow, and some of its interface was a bit abstruse. SFPro12 feels much more familiar - more like SFPro10, with the 64-but and VST3 support added. Maybe the porting to 64 bit took place on the SFPro10 codebase, because it was easier?

I upgraded one SFAS10 to SFAS12 last year, because I thought it might be a preview of Pro 12. So different to 10 - almost a different program. Some interesting concepts but needed a lot of work. I'm relieved that SFPro12 didn't follow the SFAS12 path.

Anyway, I look forward to moving through the remainder of the trial period, and discovering what other improvements the new version brings, in terms of its benefits to my workflow.

walter-howerton wrote on 4/11/2018, 9:28 PM

Purchased the Suite. I have high hopes for it, but SpectraLayers won't register.

richard-fortin wrote on 4/16/2018, 3:18 PM

Hi Guys.... i buy Sound Forge pro 11... and want to update for free my sotware...like you tell up...! How??

emmrecs wrote on 4/17/2018, 3:50 AM

@richard-fortin welcome to the Magix forums.

In the post at the head of this thread Mathias wrote:

"For everybody who took advantage of the offer "Buy 11, Get 12 for Free", please be a little patient. You should receive an email this week."

Assuming you are one who took this advantage then you should have already received an email, I think. If not, and you are sure you are entitled to this upgrade and did register your purchase of SF11, you need to contact Magix Customer Support here.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

scarkord wrote on 4/22/2018, 3:41 PM

Could you confim when the offer ran from? I upgraded to SF11 within the last few months (when you were bundling it with Variverb II), mistakenly thinking it supported 64 bit VST's. Seeing as that upgrade cost me £149.00, I'm loath to spending exactly the same amount again less than 6 months later as the saving would be £1 overall compared to a full licence! Also, I haven't had any kind of notification from yourselves that the new version was out. It was only by chance I saw it on your website.

scarkord wrote on 4/22/2018, 3:57 PM

Actually, just did some digging through the forums and it looks like the promotion ran during January/February, so I missed out. Seems a bit cheeky to push an upgrade promo through Net Notify in November, then offer a better upgrade in February with free upgrade to SF12, but I guess that's business! I don't have to like it though and it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Certainly not worth my while paying again - will just have to chalk it up to experience and live without 64 bit support for a bit longer.

nicole-t wrote on 1/11/2019, 8:15 AM

Thanks for info

emmrecs wrote on 1/16/2019, 3:49 AM

@bazuca

You will see your recent post to this thread has been hidden since it has nothing to do with this thread announcing the release of SF12 and the problem of the actions of the spacebar has been raised in relation to a different version in a separate thread. Please post your comment there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

panatrope wrote on 2/22/2019, 4:41 PM

Just to be clear, SF is a stereo record/edit/post-production facility, now evolved to recording and editing up to 32 channels at one time. It is not so much a multi-track DAW, maybe not as suited as some other software for overdubs, drop-ins etc on individual tracks, down-mixing, if this is what you need to do for making a song. Check carefully for what you need to do versus what SF12 can do. And BTW, if your requirements are simple, have a look at the new Sound Forge Audio Studio version 13 ...

wells-fargo wrote on 3/22/2019, 1:24 PM

Anyone can help me to indicate latest patch release for version 12.0 (12.0.xx.xx) with release date and release note. Thank you.

panatrope wrote on 3/23/2019, 1:17 AM

Mine is 12.1 (build 170) from 30 July 2018, which I installed last September. Magix doesn't seem to run a release note/version history system, at least where I can find it in the Support site. You can check for updates within the program - mine doesn't show any new update since then.

athenahoros-p wrote on 3/29/2020, 4:10 PM

Thank you guys, for sharing