[Release] SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12 – Define the edge!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 8/7/2017, 3:50 AM

Dear community,

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio returns with new features for audio editing and mastering! Today, after 7 years without release, we present to you SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.

These are the highlights of the new version:

64-bit support, redesigned meters, repair and restoration plug-ins, Ozone Elements 7 from iZotope, non-destructive editing functions, updated audio effects, Spectral Cleaning, Elastic audio editor, and more.

Have a look into our magazine article for more indepth information → http://magazine.magix.com/en/sound-forge-audio-studio-12/

Here is the product page → http://www.magix.com/us/sound-forge-audio-studio/

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

igniz-krizalid wrote on 8/7/2017, 5:23 PM

I'm testing rn and it's really fast compared to version 10, it works great with all of my VST3 plug-ins which is nice, great job Magix +10!

arachnaut wrote on 8/10/2017, 3:37 PM

I used Sound Forge Pro 11, it is 32-bit. It supports w64 (Wave format 64-bit audio samples).

The new Audio Studio is a 64-bit program, but does not support 64 bit audio.

Will there be a Pro version 12?

Can the Studio import w64 samples?

djbrothero wrote on 8/10/2017, 6:27 PM

My computer had to be wiped clean. I reinstalled the program and cannot register my product without an activation code that I got from Sonic Foundry or Sony, it's been so long. I'm a DJ for a radio station and I produce in Atlanta. Can you help me get my whole product back? I cannot save any of my work. Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6.0e

Cupkakos wrote on 8/25/2017, 11:20 AM

I am loving SF Audio Studio 12! Many "Vielen Dankes" to the Magix team for making it. I've been using Sony SF Audio Studio for years, and this update was much needed.

So far, there are two things that are now gone which I miss dearly (or maybe they are there but I haven't found them.)

1) Statistics (under the Tools menu in the Sony program). I use this constantly, mainly to see RMS level (for the entire file) and Max Sample Value. This is invaluable to me when mastering.

2) The old Graphic Fade (under Process/Fade) was much more useful. The ability to add points made it a great all-around volume shaper, which I use often on entire tracks as well as small sections. The new Graphic Fade does not, as far as I can tell, have the points option, and is therefore much more limited.

Other than these two points, I am ecstatic over the new Sound Forge. The Soft Cut/Crossfader abilities, the VST Rack, and the 64-bit support make it a must-have program.

Thanks!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 8/30/2017, 4:58 AM

Hi everybody,

Thank you all for your feedback.👍

@djbrothero Please contact our customer service via E-Mail.

@arachnaut Yes, there will be a SOUND FORGE Pro 12. Edit: The Studio is able to import w64 samples. If you want, you can download the trial version and test it with your material. If it doesn't work, just write me a personal message.

@Cupkakos I will gladly foward your feedback to our developers. 😉

rob-wheeler wrote on 9/4/2017, 10:34 AM

Just written a nice explanation for a couple of potential bugs in SFAS12 only to have the Magix server give me a Error 440 and BOOM all my typed text has disappeared, THANKS

So this message is a a test to see if the Forum is working. !!!!

PS TIP we need to copy and save our message before attempting to post to this forum !!

rob-wheeler wrote on 9/4/2017, 10:41 AM

OK lets try again.

Using SFAS12 latest build 226. Windows 10 (Latest updates) Core i7 - 8 Gb RAM

Why, when burning a CD compilation of tracks does the CD Burning / Finalising window stay at the end of the Burn session and also totally takes over my CD Burner?

The window stay 'active' for at least 5+ minutes, with nothing else happening, I cannot get the program to respond or open the CD Burner drawer. Then eventually it 'clears' and all is OK.

Like it has recovered from it's headache and delivered my CD. The CD is indeed finalised and plays fine.

If Freeware CD Burner XP can cope with the CD Burning process efficiently, why can't a purchased software like SFAS12 ??

Any ideas? Or shall I continue to just use CD Burner XP?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 9/7/2017, 7:41 AM

@rob-wheeler I have reported this to the developer team. Try to disable the CD autostart. If this doesn't work, please contact our support.

kblum wrote on 9/8/2017, 4:23 AM

dear @rob-wheeler

Please download & install the following Magix burn routine update:

https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/download_do/260354

After this the problem should be fixed. Please let us know the result.

Many Thanks

P.S.: If you're not logged into your support area and you get an "error - file not found" after clicking the link above. Simply refresh the page again and the download will start.