[Release] New Music Maker – now available for free!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 3/21/2017, 6:50 AM

Dear community,

Music Maker has provided the ideal creative workspace for digital music creation on the PC platform for over 20 years. Now, for the first time, we make this fully-functional version completely free and ready for download.

The new version of Music Maker comes with 425 sounds and loops, 3 instruments, and 8 effects. The in-app store makes it easy to add more sounds and instruments to the collection with just a few clicks.

"Music Maker has always enabled music lovers to get creative and win audiences over by producing their own songs in authentic studio quality. Now, with the free version of Music Maker, anyone and everyone can get started in the world of music production, develop or evolve their skills and make their musical dreams a reality.", Torsten Heise, MAGIX Product Owner and Music Maker.

Download the free version of Music Maker now at magix.com.

Best regards,

Mathias

Comments

lesgill21 wrote on 3/21/2017, 10:37 AM

Why not put a link to it ?

Nick_Hope wrote on 3/21/2017, 11:23 PM

From the YouTube video description:

► Are you in the US? Click here: http://www.magix.com/us/music-maker/
► Are you in GB? Click here: http://www.magix.com/gb/music-maker/

DJ_WOVE wrote on 4/12/2017, 6:36 AM

I am so happy you guys did this!!!! Thank you! 😁

DJ_WOVE wrote on 4/12/2017, 3:36 PM

I installed the free music maker and I received a message saying I have a $20 voucher for soundloops, but I can't access them.

ceesrijken wrote on 5/3/2017, 11:09 AM

This is very cool indeed!!!

What official version of Music Maker does this free one compare to?

NealO wrote on 11/5/2017, 5:27 PM

I downloaded and ran the FREE version of Music Maker (Premium edition) and I have two issues I'm trying resolve. The first is Activation. It requests a serial number. How can I obtain one for the FREE edition? (See attached .JPG). The second issue is the sample rate error message that continues to pop-up. (See attached .JPG). I've changed the sample rate to 44100 Hz and applied the change in the Sound app in Device Manager. Each time I open Music Maker, I have to click the error message at least 3X before the message stops and the program functions. Any assistance or suggestions from the community will be much appreciated. My O/S is Windows 10 Home updated to the Fall Creators Update (16299). Thank you. NealO

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2017, 3:24 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

If you have indeed downloaded MusicMaker Premium as the Free version I'm afraid you have downloaded a version that needs to be purchased; hence the activation screen (and needed serial number) you see.

To confirm exactly which version you have, go to Help>About Magix Music Maker and tell us exactly what it says there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

summer_220 wrote on 11/13/2017, 5:11 PM

The new one's free?

NealO wrote on 11/13/2017, 5:26 PM

To Jeff and Summer_220:

I did download the FREE version and it's working perfectly. I first downloaded the premium version, but soon realized it was not free. Issue resolved. Thanks, all.

NealO wrote on 11/22/2017, 5:07 PM

I've been around with this before, but I installed what I thought was the FREE version of Music Maker and when I start the program, i receive the attached pop-up dialog. The dialog has an active area that states 'Activate Edition'. I've turned off the dialog, but if I am running the FREE edition of Music Maker, why would it be requesting that I activate the edition? After I installed the program, I selected 'Update programm online'. I did not select the Upgrade option. The initial install version was 25.0.2.44. The post-update version is now 25.1.1.67. Can someone shed some light on what's going on with the FREE edition of Music Maker? Thank you. NealO

PS: I did follow the link provided in one of the threads above and made sure that the plain-vanilla flavor of Music Maker was in bold type before I selected Download. The Plus and Premium versions were not in bold.type. There is difficulty uploading the .JPG file. It's the 'Welcome to MAGIX Music Maker'.

kaosktrl wrote on 4/4/2018, 3:50 PM

I downloaded the free version from Magix it comes with a sample song No volume No sound, it tracks, meters flash Nothing . I want to know it works before I send cash What am I doing wrong ? Ok found the fix in the setting gear icon audio drive default was set to a none installed element .reset to default sound source

johnebaker wrote on 4/29/2018, 4:36 AM

Hi

. . . . Free Music Maker . . . Free does not read my 2014 .MMM files . . . It says only 8 tracks allowed. . . .

The free version of Music Maker is limited to 8 tracks, if the instruments/soundpools from MMM2014 are not available to the free version then the projects will not load or load with the required instruments/soundpools objects not loading.

Check if you can activate the MMM2014 edition in MMM 2018 - Help, Activate Edition

If you cannot activate MMM 2014 then you will need to upgrade to the Plus or Premium version of MMM and you can then activate - see this tutorial on unlocking features within MMM

Please note that you have posted in the wrong section of the forum - this topic should be under the Music, Music Maker section.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/29/2018, 4:38 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cristana-r wrote on 5/24/2018, 4:52 AM

Hey guys, Is it free.

emmrecs wrote on 5/24/2018, 5:03 AM

@cristana-r

Yes, the basic version of Music Maker is free! But please bear in mind that version is limited in its facilities (number of tracks, soundpools, instruments, fx etc.) but it is very easy to upgrade later to a paid for version if you decide the free version is not sufficient for your needs.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ralf-o wrote on 10/10/2018, 7:15 AM

Thanks !

Luke-Killian wrote on 10/19/2018, 4:12 AM

Hey. I got an activation code for Music Maker with my Movie Maker 14. Does that affect anything when I activate it?

jeffd480 wrote on 11/10/2018, 8:11 PM

I have had Audio & Music Lab 2014 Premium since its inception but now, for some reason, I continuously get the message 'Error occurred while writing data!' when I try to export a track to my PC. Never had a problem with this previously. Tried uninstall/reinstall but problem still there. Contacted Magix support only to be told my program is outdated!

emmrecs wrote on 11/11/2018, 2:21 AM

@jeffd480

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Your question has nothing to do with the content of this thread so please start a new one with your question.

Thank you.

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Warren-Cowan wrote on 11/22/2018, 1:30 PM

Hi, Ive recently downloaded the free version of Music Maker and installed it without any hassles - everything working fine. The next day i decided to buy Music Maker Premium Edition and downloaded it. I also managed to install it successfully and even downloaded all my additional sound collections from the store without any hassle. My challenge i have is that it seems as if i still have the free version because i can only see 3 instruments and 8 tracks. Can someone advise i possibly did something wrong in my installation or what;s the problem here. I also received the Music Maker 2019 Hip Hop Beat Producer Edition and when i installed this it confirmed that it will replace the current version of Music Maker which it did. however, i still only see 3 instruments and 8 tracks. My Version now states 27.0.0.16 after installing the Hip Hop Beat Producer Edition. On start up i keep getting the "Magix Low Latency 2016 message". I'm just concerned that if i uninstall everything and start over again which ive done about twice already, i am going to lose all the sound collections that i already downloaded. Can anybody help? Warren Cowan in South Africa. Thanks

anon111 wrote on 11/24/2018, 10:02 AM

(Installed from an EDM version installer, although by looks I feel like it's the normal version)

Ever since the last big patch (~800 mb) the selected sound option was changed from direct sound to ASIO driver once automatically. This is now also the only sound mode working. Sadly this option also bugs out most other programs, so they have to be restarted in order to get them back to give me any sound. Makes Music Maker almost useless to me, cause I want to voice chat and do other things at the same time.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, direct sound is selected and and works, but after updating to the patch before the last ~55 mb one i get the same problem again.

emmrecs wrote on 11/24/2018, 10:47 AM

(Installed from an EDM version installer, although by looks I feel like it's the normal version)

Indeed it is the normal version! The basic program is common to all variants. Your EDM version simply has a different set of soundpools/instruments, chosen to reflect the genre of music (EDM).

As to your other problem, that of only being able to use the ASIO driver, are you saying that going to Program Settings>Audio/MIDI>Audio playback you have no other options available? if so, can you post a screenshot of that specific screen, please?

On my computer on that screen I see these options:

Notice the choice of ASIO or Wave Driver or Direct Sound or WASAPI (the latter will not appear unless you are running Win 10, I think). I use ASIO because I don't need access to other sound sources when working with MM.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

anon111 wrote on 11/24/2018, 1:23 PM

The options are still available, but ever since that patch I cannot hear anything if I change back to direct sound, which was selected before the program changed the option from direct sound to asio driver. Music Maker doesn't have any sound with the 1st, 2nd or 4th options since that patch.

Running on Win 7.

emmrecs wrote on 11/24/2018, 1:33 PM

OK. Did you try selecting one of those other options, then closing and re-opening the program? Does it then work? If not, what are the settings on your computer for Windows Audio?

One other thing: I don't know what Magix' view on this is but I understand that other audio software manufacturers, e.g. Adobe, are starting to release updates to their software which no longer run under Win 7.

EDIT: To add; when you made the change to one of the other audio drivers, did you click on OK at the bottom of that screen?

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/24/2018, 1:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

anon111 wrote on 11/24/2018, 3:31 PM

Yea, I tried restarting every time. Audio? No clue, just default settings. Of course I never got problems with any other program while I use about 1k others. It's just that patch.