[Release] ACID Pro 8 – the revolutionary DAW returns

Comments

flo-minton wrote on 5/2/2018, 5:24 PM

I never wanted a Mac but I flip it open and it works. My other laptop takes forever, between updates, antivirus, etc. I dont want to start a Mac vs Pc discussion, just wanted to see if there had been any thought about releasing a Mac version of Acid.

quentin-budworth wrote on 5/8/2018, 3:11 AM

is there a way to activate the product offline?

mikecasey121 wrote on 5/12/2018, 3:28 AM

I wish your company could include the easy measure Bar from the music maker series on the samplitude studios and the samplitude proX versions! it's easier to use when recording!

emmrecs wrote on 5/12/2018, 8:29 AM

@mikecasey121

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

Since your question is really a suggestion about Samplitude and Samplitude Pro X, it is not really relevant to a thread about the release of Acid Pro. Can I suggest you repost to the dedicated Samplitude forum here? Though you may have problems registering in order to post.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Baldhead67 wrote on 5/13/2018, 2:01 PM

Really Magix. I purchased Acid Pro 8 the first day and still cannot use the product. The product crashes.

geoffw wrote on 5/13/2018, 5:14 PM

Really Magix. I purchased Acid Pro 8 the first day and still cannot use the product. The product crashes.

I did too. Mine doesn't crash and I can use it. What has Tech Support come up with to help when you lodged an incident ?

cheers

geoff (also bald head !)

Mugzy18 wrote on 5/13/2018, 6:58 PM

I purchased ACID Pro 7 during the promo to get a free upgrade to V8, but I have no clue if I it worked. I used my serial code to activate v7 through the trial version and get a loop of entering my code and then being asked to enter it again. I reinstalled v7 and tried to get it to work, but still have the same issue. I will look into at least using the trial of v8 but I have no confirmation anywhere saying that I will get the free upgrade.

Prophets_of_Conviction wrote on 5/16/2018, 7:48 PM

I actually like the new color, I was tired of the old color long ago. My problem is with the Midi. Its still very clunky to use and the main reason I stopped using Pro 7 in the first place. It was cool when I was using mainly Loops but I have added Midi to my repertoire. The DAW takes up 2 spaces per midi track and thats a waist. I was ready to upgrade from 7 to 8 but now Im not. Do you guys have plans to fix this on 8?

andrew-wilson wrote on 5/17/2018, 2:14 PM

Is it just me, or does the MIDI functionality of Acid Pro 8 seem somehow WORSE than 7? I've having real trouble with midi tracks. When I play my midi controller keyboard the software seems to always be very confused about which midi track it should play. I thought the 'rule' was that the midi track that the keyboard plays is either the one midi track selected or the midi track that is armed to record... Acid 8 is having real trouble getting this right, and I am only using VST instruments, I haven't even attempted to try this with an external midi instrument yet.

Newman-cz wrote on 5/23/2018, 6:37 AM

Acid Pro 8 - nice program, but bad yet

For several years I have been using ACID for my professional job.
I was looking forward to 64 bit. version so I can use the new effects already on 32 bit. they are not. Unfortunately, I have to say that the current build 143 is inapplicable to the work.

Every second star program falls. Tested on both desktop and laptop.
Not only on projects created in version 7, but also in their own projects. Very bad. He can not work with him professionally. I have to go back to version 7.

I know it's a fresh kid and some mistakes always appear. But I feel like an alpha tester and not as a user who can work seriously.

Just wait for the next assembly and still send bug reports. I've sent them a few tens ...

I am writing reviews on the Czech music server www.audiozone.cz, so I will wait and I will not make a negative review. The Acid program would have made it unnecessary.

I hold my thumbs, maybe it will be good

Mirek Pisa

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 4:38 AM

I just installed my copy of Acid Pro 8 with a lot of excitement. Everything seemed to be going very well until I realized I was unable to add a video like in acid Pro 7. This is extremely inconvenient for me since my job is to created music and sound design for films and video games. I need to have the visual support.

Am I missing something, or will this feature be developed in the future ?

I am really looking forward to your reply !

Olivier Girardot

andrew-wilson wrote on 5/24/2018, 7:16 AM

I think you must be missing something - this still works for me in Acid 8... Actually, after several weeks of f**king about with Acid 8 I am now finally beginning to get it to do what I want it to...

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 7:36 AM

That's great news thanks ! So I must be doing something wrong... can't seem to find what it is though.

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 7:58 AM

I am desperately trying to import an mp4 video, but it is not working.

Newman-cz wrote on 5/25/2018, 6:09 PM

Acid has released a new build of 223 (x64 version)

DEMO project reports plug-in errors: "Plug-in: Sony Track EQ' failed to load. Please make sure the plug-in is properly installed. " and "Plug-in: 'VEGAS Track EQ' failed to load. Please make sure the plug-in is properly installed." !!!!!!!!!!

Guys, what are you doing there?

In the first test project, the program ended when analyzing the Beatmapper tracks. The first song was fine, the second was jammed and helped to kill the program hard. Wrong again.

I wanted to open the next project and kill the program again. "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"

I do not know what is being improved, but stability is definitely not.

It's bad, it's bad, it's bad ....

Prophets_of_Conviction wrote on 5/26/2018, 3:30 AM

Magix.info......I see a lot of people asking question and wanting answers to problems they are having and you not responding. Whats up with that. This is not a good start trying to get Acid Planet Alum who have 20+ years with the Sony Software that you are trying to get to migrate to Magix from Acid.

automap wrote on 6/29/2018, 4:06 PM

Has the 32-bit bridge been implemented yet? I have a large number of projects in the works in AP7, but after switching to Windows 10 64-bit, it doesn't run well at all. I installed the AP8 demo, but absolutely none of my fx would load. This is really frustrating and I am ready to move on to a new DAW at this point, but would rather try to salvage what I can and do so in a more stable version of Acid.

Newman-cz wrote on 6/29/2018, 7:05 PM

I do not even write the same comments about dropping ACID (x64)
A new build will be released (currently 8.0.5), and the user is looking forward to his problems being ironed and nothing has changed. Still the same errors, still crashing the program when opening the project. Such a shame. The 64-bit version is still not officially released.

For several sleepless nights, I went back to the 32-bit version and I have to say that it is better than the latest version of Acid 7.
Here too are mistakes (confused Beatmaper), but it's nothing serious to do with it.
I personally remain with the 32-bit version (thanks for it exists) and occasionally try to see if something has changed in the 64 bit version, but working with it is not yet possible.

One important improvement I should have. The program could report a new build. if the user does not try it himself or know it.
Not here on the forum.

geoffw wrote on 6/29/2018, 7:43 PM

Have you tried it on a different PC/Win-installation ?

PS Magix - it would be kinda handy to allow multiple installations, as long as only one active at a time, as Sonic Foundry and Sony did.

geoff

andrew-wilson wrote on 7/6/2018, 6:06 PM

Anyone else having trouble with the Beatmapper Wizard? It seems to always crash when I use it...

Polygonal_ wrote on 10/10/2018, 9:47 PM

I've been using Acid since 2003, Pro Version 4. I upgraded to Acid Pro 7, back in 2008. Thank you very much Magix for finally putting out Acid Pro 8!!! HUGE IMPROVEMENTS and finally 64bit. I have enjoyed producing with Acid Pro 8 for the last 3-4 months, with no issues. I don't have a problem with the GUI. I actually like the Dark Theme. FL Studio has a Dark theme. Great support for VST2 and VST3. I saw some where in a Magix thread, that there would be a Patch update enabling to open 32bit plugins., which would be helpful. I have a few 32bit plugins that I still rely on.

Polygonal_ wrote on 10/10/2018, 9:49 PM

Also a note, yeah, I would like to see Acidplanet.com back up and running. There is not much of a Magix audio community. I had to soley rely on Bandlab and Soundcloud for exposure and feedback.

EnochtheRad wrote on 12/1/2018, 4:49 PM

the help feature inside the program is not helpful because the button icons do not show up - what is the fix for this?

Midnight-Son wrote on 12/19/2018, 4:09 AM

I consider myself an Acid Pro Power user. I started out with the original Sonic Foundry version and have been loyal ever since. I was really pissed that Sony just let this Gem rot. However, I am now have major stability issues. Especially with midi Soft Sythn which is now essential to my studio. I can use 1 or maybe 2 but God forbid i use 3. It's easy to do especially if you like Toontrack.....which I do. I can't even use Hexeract in this program. It can't handle it's goodness. I mean I get it. It's a loop based program. All this other stuff is an afterthought. Still if you're going to support it get it right.

I spent 2.5 hrs the other night trying to record a Bass-line. Needless to say I was frustrated. I make my living with music so this is going to be unacceptable. The program crashes and freezes so much so that I am done for now. It's not my computer. It's an 8 core, 3 monitor beast.

I will continue to try the updates and I hope Magix continues to work on this program.

With that said I am now working in different DAWS......which is really weird after 20 Years but also hugely refreshing. I deciding to get demo's of:

Pro Tools

Harrison Mixbus

Reason

Sonic One

Fruity Loops

It took a minute to wrap my head around these because the workflow is so different. With that said I haven't had any crashing issues and I can use all the soft-synths I want. I'm glad I made the move even though it was daunting. When you (Normally) can work so fast. I feel like I'm cheating on my girl but my new girl will actually please me. Oh if you're curious I've settled (for Now) on Sonic One and Reason. I may mix in Harrison, I'll see. By the way the sound engines sound better on all of these, Magix you need to get on it.

People Acid will always be my first love but unless the get it together quick this ship has sailed. I believe it can be the greatest DAW but they have a long long long way to go.

You'll always be my first love, sniff sniff

For Now..............................I'm out, I can't work like this. Its a creativity killer.