[Release] ACID Pro 8 – the revolutionary DAW returns

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:37 AM

Dear community,

We are so happy to announce, that the loop-based Digital Audio Workstation ACID Pro is back with its first major update in ten years! We completely overhauled the software that revolutionised loop-based music making 20 years ago and have added many new professional features, instruments and effects and an all-powerful 64-bit architecture. Yet with a brand new and modern interface and its innovative loop-based compositional environment, the software retains the easy workflow that it is famous for.

ACID Pro 8 not only represents a major upgrade of the software, but demonstrates our commitment to the brand going forward. Indeed, we will be adding VST3 support in a free update later this year.

With ACID Pro 365, we now also offer a flexible subscription service. Users get all the power and functionality of the regular ACID Pro 8 but enjoy all future updates, full support plus additional instruments and effects for a monthly fee.

ACID Pro has a long, distinguished history and a very large and loyal following. It was vital, then, that we spent a long time consulting with this ACID community of artists and producers over how we should improve the software. We are very pleased that most of their suggestions have been included in ACID Pro 8. This enormous passion of the ACID fan base has really transferred to me and my team.

says Torsten Heise, ACID Pro 8's product owner.

We firmly believe that, with its enhanced power and features-set, this latest version of ACID Pro will appeal to those users and a completely new generation of creative musicians and professional producers. ACID Pro 8 heralds a new dawn in the software's glorious history and will become the DAW of choice for today's forward-thinking and creative artists.

New Features of ACID Pro 8 at a glance:

• A modern, sleek and inspiring user interface
  • Powerful 64-bit technology
  • Flexible 24-bit, 192kHz multitrack recording
  • Advanced MIDI and audio editing features
  • $1000 of new plug-in instruments and effects
  • 9GB of all-new ACIDized loops

Everybody who have taken advantage of the grace offer, please be a little patient. You should receive an email with the serial this week.

Also, we have developed a new comprehensive online content platform where users can purchase even more ACIDized loops, sounds and instruments: Producerplanet

Check out ACID Pro 8 on our website: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro/

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

mateuszszar wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:53 AM

First test:

NI Komplete Audio 6 - doesn't work properly (acid pro and vegas too).

If I set: ACID Pro > Options > Preferences > Audio Device > Audio device type: Komplete Audio 6... then after rendering, ACID Pro (vegas too) can not resume working on this card. No other program has a problem with this card. For example, the Cakewalk sonar works perfectly.

I informed NI support about this, but I received a message that this must be a problem on the side of VEGAS / ACID PRO.

Any chance that it will be fixed?

AndyG wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:09 PM

Hello, I'm about to buy Acid 8, and my concern is, before installing Acid 8, do I need to uninstalled Acid 7? and, all of my project in Acid 7 are going to work with 8 and still keeping the FX and plugins? Thank you.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/24/2018, 3:00 AM

@mateuszszar We will look into this issue. Thanks for making us aware!
@AndyG You don't need to uninstall ACID Pro 7. Both programs can be installed at the same time on the computer. In general, your projects should work in ACID Pro 8 and the FX and plugins should be fine too.

If, against expectations, something isn't working, please let us know.

AndyG wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:18 PM

I installed the free trial for now, I want to know how it's works. I opened an AP7 project in AP8 and the "Express FX Reverb" plug-in is missing, It doesn't work. I don't know why. Other thing is, I want to change the background color (dark grey) where you add the track waveform, and the skin. Thank you.

raffivegas wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:02 PM

With ACID Pro 365, we now also offer a flexible subscription service. Users get all the power and functionality of the regular ACID Pro 8 but enjoy all future updates, full support plus additional instruments and effects for a monthly fee.

Is it really a monthly fee? It looks like it charges either 3 months or 12 months up front. Congrats on the release regardless, looking forward to try it out soon.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 3:54 AM

@AndyG is "Express FX Reverb" a 32-bit PlugIn? Right now, we are working on providing a free update which will let 32bit PlugIns work in ACID Pro 8 (64bit). Currently, we have no ETA.

@raffivegas You are right. When you click "Buy now" you actually see the price you are paying upfront.

flo-minton wrote on 4/25/2018, 6:27 AM

Happy to see Acid is back! Is the monthly fee forever like Adobe or are you done in 12 months? Can you change from monthly to a purchase or are you committed forever to the monthly model?

Also, any thought about bringing back AcidPlanet where Acid users can post the music they create with Acid? Thanks!

flo-minton wrote on 4/25/2018, 6:34 AM

ps...went to ProducerPlanet to see the loops. How do you know if the loops are acidized? Or are they are all Acid loops that can be pitched shifted and beat mapped? Thanks!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 8:55 AM

@flo-minton Actually this subscription option is pretty new to us. This is why you pay upfront the amount for either 3 or 12 months. After this period you either cancel your subscription or you get another period or subscription. Keep in mind that this is only an option, you can still purchase the perpetual licenses.

Only the loops from the ACID Loop Collections are ACIDIzed. All the other loops are not, yet you can still import them into ACID. They just don't contain pitch or tempo information, which are very import for the workflow in ACID.

andrew-wilson wrote on 4/25/2018, 3:53 PM

I've just got hold of my new copy of Acid pro 8 - can I change the environment colour scheme somehow? I really cannot use the 'white on black background' at all, it really doesn't work for me at all. I've looked through the manual and I cannot seem to find any way to change this. I have emailed tech support, but my message seems to have just disappeared into the void...

Any help gratefully received!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/26/2018, 7:35 AM

@andrew-wilson Seems like other users wish to change the color. Have a look at this thread.

scarkord wrote on 4/26/2018, 7:51 AM

@AndyG is "Express FX Reverb" a 32-bit PlugIn? Right now, we are working on providing a free update which will let 32bit PlugIns work in ACID Pro 8 (64bit). Currently, we have no ETA.

This was one of the original, built-in Sonic Foundry / Sony effects. It's a DirectX effect as I recall rather than VST.

Just installed the Acid Pro 8 64bit trial and it lets me open it fine? I also have Acid Pro 7 installed too, so not sure if that makes a difference? Perhaps the Express FX plugins aren't included any more?

quentin-budworth wrote on 4/28/2018, 9:10 AM

I've downloaded the loops etc but can't find them on my pc where are they?

jim-martin wrote on 4/28/2018, 3:26 PM

You by going to add AC3 5.1 file support and support for Neutron And Neutron 2 5.1 support?

SandyRaw wrote on 4/28/2018, 6:12 PM

@andrew-wilson Seems like other users wish to change the color. Have a look at this thread.

I am really happy with acid 8 pro ;)
the 64bits brings a very promising future

But I have 4 request for the future upgrade ;)

1) Install wavehammer 2 ( all your pro products are equipped with warhammer )

2) the Explorer are really really really slow ( the impression is to have a 32-bit explorer on the ACID 64bits version....)
I have to wait each time 2/3min just for opening my Wav database.... same delay with acid 5/6/7 ):
(an I have ths super stuff ,64ram 12core ssd samsuns 960 pro , and my 5 classic HDD are in raid 0)

3) in the DAW , for each audio channel the contrast must be more pronounced with the function MUTE or SOLO channel

4) the possibility to choose the color of the DAW, because just dark gray ....
installed , (light grey , black , white , put 16colours :p )

Thx in advance :)

wormdrink wrote on 4/30/2018, 4:28 PM

Pre-bought AP8 with some trepidation. Can't say that I'm disappointed at all. The UI looks slick, customizes easily enough, but yeah: The color theme is going to be hard on a lot of people. Other than that (and a bit of confusion about softsynth programming) this is an awesome, simple to use DAW. Thanks guys and gals, this is the DAW I wanted. Sweet.

geoffw wrote on 5/1/2018, 5:47 AM

How about an optional 'skin' to make the GUI like the old intuitive one we know and love ?

olepeko-srensen wrote on 5/1/2018, 6:40 PM

Just upgraded! Testing in 64 bit! 10 years after last release... I'm spacing out. ;)

Thank you so much! I love you.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/2/2018, 4:33 AM

@geoffw Yeah, the GUI topic seems like very prominent. Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward this internally.

Thank you all for your kind words and the feedback. We are so happy to see a lot of users come back after so many years! 🙃 🎉🎉

jim-martin wrote on 5/2/2018, 8:29 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion You Thought Of adding Dolby 5.1 support for Neutron and Neutron 2 Like ProToolsHD has ?

flo-minton wrote on 5/2/2018, 9:50 AM

Any chance at all of Acid ever being developed for Mac?

flo-minton wrote on 5/2/2018, 3:36 PM

I only ask because I have a MacBook and PC laptop that I only use for Vegas and Acid. Dont have enough room on the MacBook to do BootCamp. Was hoping they might go Mac someday like FLStudio did?

geoffw wrote on 5/2/2018, 4:12 PM

I only ask because I have a MacBook and PC laptop that I only use for Vegas and Acid. Dont have enough room on the MacBook to do BootCamp. Was hoping they might go Mac someday like FLStudio did?

Why not dump the Mac and migrate any other apps you might use to the less expensive, less restrictive, more versatile platform ? However if a Mac version, functionally identical to the native version could be ported without detracting from the mainstream development, why not !