[Release] ACID Music Studio 11 – Simply make great music

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 1/28/2019, 8:22 AM

Dear community,

Five years since the last version, we are releasing ACID Music Studio 11 ! With a sleek, new interface, a lot more power under the hood thanks to its revamped 64-bit engine and fantastic new content that will both inspire and empower any producer who wants to make better music.

Highlights of ACID Music Studio 11 at a glance:

• Over 2,500 all-new ACIDized loops
  • Powerful 64-bit architecture
  • Modern interface
  • 8 new virtual instruments
  • 6 effect plug-ins included

Check out ACID Music Studio 11 on our website: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-music-studio/

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

Reminiscence wrote on 1/28/2019, 5:55 PM

Hi there, thanks for this wonderful release, but is it just me or does the download still link to Acid Music Studio 10?

robert-millard wrote on 1/29/2019, 12:08 PM

I upgraded to ACM 10 only two months ago. I read here on magix.com that it was 64 bit, now I'm not sure. I had a vst crash that made me think it was not 64 bit. Does ACM 10 have 64 bit or not?

Also, can I have my usual white interface on ACM 11 instead of the dark one?

Reminiscence wrote on 1/30/2019, 5:23 PM

Acid Music Studio 10 is not 64-bit compatible. Maybe ask Magix to upgrade your version for free since you purchased it recently. (dreamworld yes). Not sure about the skin though.

sheppo wrote on 2/1/2019, 11:58 AM

@Reminiscence The link above leads to the AMS11 demo just fine, as I have followed it, and downloaded it.

@robert-millard AMS11 demo has the same interface look as AP8, and no options to change it, yet

Reminiscence wrote on 2/1/2019, 2:51 PM

@sheppo Yeah they've fixed it as soon as I reported it. A couple of days ago. Excellent piece of software.

Fernando-Pereira wrote on 2/3/2019, 1:03 PM

The Power of Acid PRO! 😃

DennisS58 wrote on 2/5/2019, 11:38 AM

What are the differences between Acid Pro 8 and Acid Music Studio 11? Why would someone need both?

sheppo wrote on 2/9/2019, 5:26 AM

@DennisS58 You can see the differences between all versions of Acid here. If you have Acid Pro, 365 or Suite you would not need AMS. Primarily AMS is a cut down version of Acid, with some features and sample/instrument packs missing.

DennisS58 wrote on 2/9/2019, 11:25 AM

@sheppo That was very helpful. It looks like the main differences between the Acid Pro 8 and the other Acid pro offerings would be the plugins? I'm new to all of this so if I'm wrong about that...feel free to correct me. Thanks again for your link.

sheppo wrote on 2/9/2019, 2:47 PM

Yeah. Not the only difference, but the main one.

Former user wrote on 4/11/2019, 10:12 AM

I bought this the other day with Vegas Movie Studio 16, and I like it a lot. I installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions because of a few VSTs that I refuse to let go of, particularly the Classic series and Rovee. I like the dark UI, too. That said, there was a slight learning curve just from having been adapted to Music Studio 10, but I managed just fine. I'd get the Pro series, but the Music Studio series really does do everything I need to do, so I'd rather spend less money for now. Great purchase! :)

Kenneth-Thomas wrote on 6/10/2019, 1:20 PM

Acid Music Studio 11...Loops and instruments are not showing up in the program explorer window after download. Tried to reinstall from DVD... as the program runs it shows an on the screen msg saying Loops are already installed. I'm running a Windows 10 Desktop.

Any ideas??

CidBil wrote on 6/10/2019, 1:49 PM

You might try looking in this thread. It has a list of FAQ's, and I'm pretty sure you can find an answer there. HTH

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/frequently-asked-questions--1207319/

Kenneth-Thomas wrote on 6/11/2019, 2:31 PM

Thanks CidBil - appreciate it !!

colin-a wrote on 11/6/2019, 8:03 AM

idk why but some how i m having a resonance issue and its very annoying..

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2019, 9:44 AM

@colin-a

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Unfortunately your post does not make much sense! You have posted to a thread announcing the release of AMS 11.

If you are asking for help with a specific problem with ACID Music Studio 11, or any other Magix product, please read this pinned post and give us ALL the details requested. Also, please ensure you post your information and question as a new thread to whichever area of the forum is appropriate for the product you own . Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Reminiscence wrote on 12/14/2019, 6:42 AM

Can someone please post the release notes for the latest version of AMS 11? I bypassed it since I saw new VST3 support, and just couldn't wait, so downloaded immediately. Can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance! 👽

sheppo wrote on 12/17/2019, 3:30 AM

@Reminiscence my understanding is that the latest beta release posted in this forum includes a similar set of bug fixes as other editions of Acid. I want to say there has been a shift to using a common code base between the different editions of Acid, but I do not know for sure that's the case, but generally that's how it feels.

So yeah, for other versions those changes have primarily been VST scanning, engine, MP3/Ogg support, and beatmapper bug fixes. I do keep an updated list of release notes for each version in the FAQ section but it's a bit tricky since AMS, AP, AN all use different release numbers which makes it a bit confusing to compile.. :-/

Reminiscence wrote on 12/17/2019, 6:28 AM

But I have noticed on AMS and AN that the Reason Rack Plugin is able to load, but when you open (reload) the file containing the instrument or effect in your project it doesn't load the desired patch which means it's just an empty shell. Is this an issue on Magix's end or Reason Studios (not Propellerhead anymore)?

sheppo wrote on 12/17/2019, 8:38 AM

@Reminiscence - interesting. I was looking at getting Reason Rack, so that's a shame. Could you provide that feedback in to the public beta thread? Frank has specifically asked for VST-related testing and this sounds like a genuine issue.

MarcoStorm wrote on 1/24/2020, 4:33 AM

Dear @Reminiscence,

I could reproduce the problem and it seems to be a problem on ACID side. We will put that on our todo list. A workaround for this problem could be to save the bank using the two floppy symbol in the soft synth property window. Then, when you have loaded your project you could load the bank and you should have back your patch. I know that is not very convenient, but you could work with reason in that way.

Best regards,

Marco

DjPaulSantana wrote on 7/7/2020, 9:22 AM

I purchased AMS11 and I'm getting an "Application Initialization Error Code -59" when trying to launch.
Can anyone help me with this? This software is useless to me like this.

SPECS: ASUS ROG / i07 / Windows 10 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia 4gb Video

Thanks in advance!

emmrecs wrote on 7/7/2020, 9:51 AM

@DjPaulSantana

Is this the same problem as you raised in this thread? If so, please keep discussion of your issue in that other thread. By all means bump the thread if you want to make sure it is still "seen".

However, since no-one has replied to your other post I think it is reasonable to assume that no-one who posts to these Magix user to user forums actually knows the answer. In that situation you really need to open a Support ticket direct with Magix Support via this page.

This thread will now be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam