Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/26/2022, 6:42 AM

@Sean-OGeary

You previously posted to the forums, under the same title here, where you were given very precise details on how to manage a successful reinstallation of your software. Does the advice there still apply?

If not, please quote in full the error message you see or, perhaps even better, provide a screenshot of the error message.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Sean-OGeary wrote on 12/29/2022, 12:51 PM

@Sean-OGeary

You previously posted to the forums, under the same title here, where you were given very precise details on how to manage a successful reinstallation of your software. Does the advice there still apply?

If not, please quote in full the error message you see or, perhaps even better, provide a screenshot of the error message.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hi Jeff. I am 80 yrs old do please forgive the 'tech senility'.

I have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the photosory software twice before, but this time when I try and run the programme I get the error message.

I couldn't ,manage a screenshot, but took a photo which I am sending with this mail in the hope that it will help.

I can't copy the pic here ... is there a email address I can forward it to? (don't ask! ...taken on my wife's phone and emailed to my inbox!

Thx Sean

emmrecs wrote on 12/29/2022, 1:41 PM

@Sean-OGeary

Sorry, there is no method to email anything to me!

However, you mention you have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the Photostory software twice before. The key fact is twice. There is a limit of two activations allowed by your licence, hence the problem you now have!

However, you can resolve this by doing the following:

1. Go to your Magix account at https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/
  2. Log in and go to My products.
  3. Find the listing for Photostory. Click on More details.
  4. Look at list of current activations and deactivate any and all you no longer need.
  5. Log out.

Allow a few minutes for the changes to be fully registered and then reopen your Photostory and try again to register and activate it.

If you cannot access your account for any reason you need to email infoservice@magix.net and explain the problem, giving as much detail as you can, and ask that they reset your activations allowance. If you do email you need to remember that there is likely to be a delay before you receive a reply and are able to use your software again!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam