Reinstalled on new PC, now Upgrade is missing

Haiden-Floyd wrote on 10/26/2021, 6:11 PM

I had purchased Designer Pro X (v16) back in 2019 or 20, within the first year, upgraded it to v17. All this on an older PC. I recently bought a new PC after much frustration, figured out how to download the original v16 install file. Now that it's installed on my new PC, my upgrade to v17 is missing. I had deactivated v17 on my Magix account, thinking that would free it from my old PC so I could put it on my new one... but alas, it's now completely missing everywhere. How can I get Design Pro X v17 on my new PC?
I'm on a new Dell with Windows 10.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/29/2021, 8:02 AM

@Haiden-Floyd

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

When you originally purchased XDP 16 you would also automatically have been entitled to 12 months of Updates. In your case, it seems the updates included the new version 17.

At the end of that initial 12 months, if you did not choose to buy a further 12 months of updates, your existing version would continue to fully work but no further updates would have been offered to you.

The problem then arises, as you have now discovered, when reinstalling the app, because your Update Service is no longer current; what you have is the version you originally purchased, but without any option to also redownload and install the "missing" updates you formerly had.

In such circumstances - and this has been a cause of "concern" for a number of users - your only option is to now buy the upgrade to version 17. This will also reinstate the Update Service for 12 months but again, if you do not renew it, at the end of that period no further updates will be offered to you and, should a later reinstallation prove necessary, you will again be "back" to the version 17 you had when you bought the upgrade.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Haiden-Floyd wrote on 11/1/2021, 2:03 PM

oh dear, that was my fear. Thank you for your reply!