Regroup scenes not working in Rescue Your Videotapes (Movies on DVD7)

muiris wrote on 12/11/2008, 8:01 AM
I'm a new user. Installed software and drivers fine. I recorded 20 minutes of VHS tape successfully to PC and now pulling my hair out trying to do my first edit. I import the clip ok. I could not perform regroup scenes in either .mxv or .dip format. Mouse click and drag is not working in any view (Timeline, Storyboard or Overview). I have printout of manual which I am trying to follow but am obviously doing something wrong. I didn't change any settings and would assume that because I can play the clip on my PC that I should be able to edit it. Help please

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/11/2008, 10:25 AM
Hi there,

It's not completely clear what you're failing to do and how it fails. Do you mean that you just want to perform very basic editing tasks of chopping up your video recording and removing or rearranging some bits and pieces? If so, try this to get started: Make sure you're operating in timeline mode and you're looking at your captured video footage in the arranger. To be able to manipulate individual parts of it, place your cursor/play marker somewhere on the object and press "T" on your keyboard. That will split the object. The result: two objects you can manipulate separately. Try it a few more times to chop up your video into little slices, which you can move (or possibly delete) separately. Just experiment with this a little. See how it works? Try the different mouse modes, too.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask again if I misunderstood your question or you have more specific problems.

KeithB wrote on 12/16/2008, 4:12 PM
I'm a new user too and have created my first movie ready for burning to CD, I think my question is similar - I have managed to split my movie into too many scenes using the split function, can I rejoin some or all of them?
nealeh wrote on 1/8/2009, 6:08 PM
I also have the problem that Auto Scene Detection has created too many scenes and I need to join many of them together .

This is described on page 27 of the English PDF manual that states (in the section Regroup scenes):

BUT ...... there are no 'Group' and 'Ungroup' commands in any of the menus or in any right-click commands.

It does not appear that there is ANY way of reducing the number of scenes.

Please tell us how to activate the group/regroup feature.

PS:  ralftaro - I don't have any problem creating scenes either automatically or with the 'T' split function. What I don't have is the means to join back together the  scenes if I make a mistake.

OKM wrote on 10/23/2017, 3:01 AM

Is there any solution for this? I'm also able to split scenes with "T"-key but I cannot group or join two scenes together. Scene recognization has made way too much scenes which are in practice the same scene. How do I do this.. I have "Video saver 8 premium" product which seems to have software "Video easy Vide Saver premium".

emmrecs wrote on 10/23/2017, 3:39 AM

@OKM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

You have posted your question to a thread which is 9 years old! Please start a new thread with your question and a lot more detail about your computer and the version of the software which you have. This post tells you what we need to know!

In the meantime I will lock this thread to prevent any other users posting here because it is so old!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/23/2017, 3:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam