Registration Issues

ROD-TAKAHASHI wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:57 AM

After purchasing photostory and receiving confirmation and registration number via email, I am unable to register it for the full version and it only allows me to use the free trial version only for 30 days. Why can't I use the complete version? The trial version has limitations and I need to use the full version. I tried posting the regular registration # but it won't accept it. I received another email with the temporary 30 day registration number instead which works but that isn't what I need. What is going on here? If this is the normal procedure, I would not have bought this product.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/1/2023, 9:49 AM

@ROD-TAKAHASHI

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Where did you purchase Photostory, direct from Magix or from a third-party seller? When you say you are unable to register do you receive any error message? If so, what? (Please quote it in full or take a screenshot of it and post it here, using the blue up-arrow in the comment box.)

If it was direct from Magix, the confirmation email should have included the serial key. If it is not there (just make sure your read the whole of the email, sometimes the key can be placed towards the end) email infoservice@magix.net, explaining what has happened and giving full details of your original order. Ask for a new serial key.

If you bought from a third-party seller you would have almost certainly received a redemption code, rather than a serial key. That codes would need to be entered on this page, which should then automatically generate an email with your serial key and a link to download the software.

One very important fact to note: the email address you use to purchase any Magix software becomes a key part of your registration data. If you have used a different email address to attempt to register your software from the one you used to purchase it, that will not work.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ROD-TAKAHASHI wrote on 12/1/2023, 2:16 PM

Jeff, thanks for replying. I purchased it directly from your company website. I received a confirmation email and the serial product key. Here it is:

Magix Shop 

www.magix.com

To:ROD TAKAHASHI

Thu, Nov 30 at 11:20 PM

Thank you for your order.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your order number is:  ##################MXC

Please save this confirmation or print it for your records.

MAGIX Photostory deluxe 2024

Serial number:

P#-#####-#####-#####-######-#####-#####

Program download:

https://dl03.magix.net/photostorydeluxe2024_dlm_ur7vl9.exe

Program manual (PDF):

https://dl03.magix.net/manual_photostorydeluxe2024_en_ur7vl9.pdf

(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)

For additional information about installing and activating

your download version, please click here:

https://rdir.magix.net/?page=QUSECISOU1XK

-----------------------------------------------------------

MAGIX Photostory deluxe 2024

Moving memories

(RESMID024538)

Total: $29.99

After downloading via the link given, the software installed. The opening page gives 3 options. 1-Activate with Serial No., 2-Purchase Online, 3-Start Trial Version. I did #1, Activate with Serial # numerous times but after entering number, nothing happens and the only other option is to hit the exit button. After doing this again multiple times, I tried the 3rd option thinking this may help, Start trial version. This produced another email with a download link and the Trial version serial key which I used and is presently stuck in the Trial version.

NicoleBraun wrote on 12/7/2023, 2:07 AM

Sorry to hear about the registration trouble with Photostory. It seems like there might be an issue with the provided registration number. I was also having similar problem before, but now it is solved. have you found any solution?

ROD-TAKAHASHI wrote on 12/7/2023, 2:49 AM

No, and I have asked for a complete refund after installing and reinstalling software with same problems. As for the registration number, I copied and pasted the number from email numerous times as well as manual input.