Recording Time Delay

MaidenHeaven05 wrote on 11/25/2008, 8:03 PM
First off, my problem. Ok, when I have one track lain down and I make an attempt to record a second track over it there is a delay between the two, where as when I initially recorded them with the playback going, they were at the same time. I've read past comments and answers of how to fix this, including the ASIO driver comments but when I switch to ASIO I can no longer listen to or record anything. I've messed around with the synthesizer latency bar as well but that seems to have made no difference. Does anyone with accurate information have an idea of how to fix this? I use a HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop that seems pretty awesome so I don't know why this is a problem. I'm using MMM14 by the way for my recording.

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 11/25/2008, 9:52 PM
Hi,
You need to download and install the driver here: www.asio4all.com They provide universal ASIO drivers that work wonderfully well and are fantastic with magix... 9 out of 10 times this fixes your exact problem.

As a workaround - for tracks you've already recorded you can zoom way in and line the tracks up manually so they are synced.

Thanks for researching before asking your question!

Let me know,
Justin