"Recording" modulation envelope after recording midi part?

john-patrick wrote on 6/10/2017, 7:06 AM

Hope this makes sense. I've recorded a Hammond organ part using Acid Pro 7 and the VB3 plug-in. When I play back the part I've recorded I can use the modulation wheel on my controller to change the speed of the Leslie sim. Is there a way to record these modulation envelope changes as I'm playing back?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/10/2017, 8:45 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

From what you've written it would appear that your existing "recording" is of the MIDI data, i.e. it is not an "audio" track, and given that I haven't tried this myself, since those mod wheel changes are actually all MIDI control messages, have you tried "recording" those messages to a new track, ensuring that the output of that track is set to the same MIDI channel as your VB3?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mjn wrote on 6/12/2017, 10:55 AM

Turn on MIDI merge recording and simply add it to the existing track?

john-patrick wrote on 6/12/2017, 3:54 PM

Turn on MIDI merge recording and simply add it to the existing track?

Works perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.