Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/17/2019, 11:18 AM

@Peter-Manning

Welcome to the Magix forums.

First, please read this pinned post and give us ALL the information requested there.

Second, why do you want to record the audio at 192 kHz sampling frequency? Since you are using software designed to enable you to transfer footage from video tape to computer and the original video tape is extremely unlikely to have any audio frequency much above 16 kHz at best, a standard (for digital video) sampling frequency of 48 kHz is far more than adequate! (Just in case you aren't aware, actual recorded audio frequency upper limit is exactly half of the chosen sampling frequency, so 48 kHz allows audio up to 24 kHz, rather higher than your video tape can reproduce. 192 kHz sampling frequency records audio up to 96 kHz audio frequency; in your scenario you would produce huge files, most of whose content is "digital noise", way beyond the limits of human hearing and not reproducible by any known speaker system.)

I'm not entirely sure why you are receiving that error message but I suspect your audio device may not be able to handle 192 kHz.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Peter-Manning wrote on 9/17/2019, 2:02 PM

Hi Jeff

Many Thanks for your prompt response.. Much appreciated. I think I may have confused the report.. All I want to do is transfer old VHS mini cassette based video onto my PC. I really dont care what the sampling frequency is. I am using an old Sony digital Handycam DCR-PC3E (20 + years old) connected to the PC via a Roxio connection via an S video output connection.. The video is working fine BUT when I try and record the error message says I need to set the Audio Sampling Frequency to 192KHz and directs me to go to Advanced Settings, User define and reset it to 192 KHz which I agree seems ridiculous. However it wont let me record even the video. My question is how do I get round this error state?

Thanks again for your help

Peter

Peter-Manning wrote on 9/17/2019, 2:07 PM

Just for completeness the PC is an INTEL (R) Core (TM)2 Quad..Q8400 @ 2.66GHZ with 8GB or RAM running Windows 10 version 1809.. 64 Bit OS

johnebaker wrote on 9/17/2019, 3:03 PM

@Peter-Manning

Hi

. . . . via a Roxio connection via an S video output connection. . . . .

Can you confirm which software and version number you are using, and if the capture device is a Roxio USB Video converter.

If so then does the Roxio device have its own control panel for setting its record/conversion parameters?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Peter-Manning wrote on 9/17/2019, 3:11 PM

Hi John

Thanks for your help..The software is MAGIX Video Easy RYVT Edition... vsn 9.. The capture device (the lead ) is a Roxio Video Capture USB.. I cant see the ROXIO control Panel.. Ill research

Thanks

Peter

Peter-Manning wrote on 9/17/2019, 3:20 PM

Hi John

The Roxio does not give you the option of setting its recording/conversation parameters

Thanks again

Peter