Record Button No Longer Works

stephen-s2864 wrote on 4/6/2023, 1:27 PM

I have been successfully using Magix Acid Pro 7 since Magix purchased the software rights from Sony. Several days ago, suddenly the record button showed as a faded grey color instead of the normal red and white circle. I have lost all ability to record. This is a corruption in the Magix software, not an issue with my computer. I emailed my problem directly to Magix tech support and they sent me to the Magix community of users. In other words, they will not help me, and this is exactly what I have been reading in numerous reviews/comments by other Magix Acid users. Their attitude of not taking direct responsibility for their products is disgusting. So, if any of you Magix Acid users have had this problem with the record button, please advise. I would be most greatful. I prefer talking with you by telephone instead of using Email. Thanks much!

Stephen Swinburne

Phone number and email address removed by Moderator

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/6/2023, 2:03 PM

@stephen-s2864 Hello! You might want to remove your personal information to prevent spam.

The first thing I would check is, if microphone access is allowed in the Windows privacy settings. Maybe it was disabled after an automatic Windows update. Please check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-on-app-permissions-for-your-microphone-in-windows-10-94991183-f69d-b4cf-4679-c98ca45f577a

It is usually possible to reset the program settings by holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon to open ACID. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings.

If this doesn't help you or if you don't want to reset the program settings because you don't want to configure all your settings again we would need some screenshots of your ACID audio preferences and which audio inputs are selected on your tracks. You can upload screenshots to this forum with the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

stephen-s2864 wrote on 4/6/2023, 3:58 PM

Thank you much for your prompt reply. I record with Acid Pro 7 on my Windows 7 Professional PC. I went into the Control Panel and checked the sounds setting to see that the Microphone listed under "Recording" was "Unplugged" and that this input was located on the front panel of my PC. I have always plugged-in my upright bass input into the blue 1/8th inch audio jack located on the back of my PC. So I experimented by plugging the jack into the 1/8th inch audio input on the front panel of my PC, then went back into the Contol Panel which then showed that I was now plugged-in. I then opened my Magix Acid Pro projects and the record buttons were the normal red and white color. I checked to see if I could in fact record again, and I could! Your suggestions helped me solve the problem and I am very grateful to you. Also I apologize to Magix for my blaming their software for this problem. It was not their problem, but my PC that for some reason changed an audio setting. Perhaps it was a Windows Update issue, who knows. Thank you again. Stephen Swinburne

SP. wrote on 4/6/2023, 4:08 PM

@stephen-s2864 Great to hear you found a solution. As far as I know, switching the audio input after you plugged a cable into your computer is handled by the audio driver of the audio chipset. Most computers use a Realtek Audio chipset. So maybe the Realtek driver had a problem and didn't realize that your cable was plugged in. In this case unplugging and reinserting was the right thing to try.