Reactivating a .com domain do to expired credit card information.

jtorresmd wrote on 6/9/2016, 10:29 PM

my .com domain was terminated because of outdated credit card information.  I have updated my credit card information.  How can I get my domain reactivated?  I do not see it listed on my "Your Website" drop down box  in Xara Webdesigner or the domain center in control center?

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 6/10/2016, 6:44 PM

Hi,

You have to pay for the name yearly to maintain your .com website name, also you have to pay the Web hosting service. This is 2 things very different. The name and the hosting.

Regards,

YR

Marvic1 wrote on 5/27/2018, 8:11 PM

I know this post was 2 years ago but would like to ask a question concerning this same matter.

I received an email from "domain-service-log@magix-online.com" asking fo me to register my soon to be one year old Domain Name. Also received and another email from "Xara Online noreply@xara-online.com via magix-online.com" ("Website M") to check that my payment info I gave them last year is correct with there current records.

My question is, whichone of the two above neede to be paid for another year to my Domain Name", are they the same and get paid automatically or do I need to pay somewhere else in order to continue the use my Domain Name for my website?

Thanks you,

yvon-robert wrote on 5/27/2018, 10:20 PM

Hi,

To keep your domain name you must pay the annual registration no choice if is not paid you loose the domain name. That means you update the credit card info to keep the name.com active if you dont need the domain name you must write to the register to indicate this. The other is website hosting this part must be paid if you need an active website if you don't need the website active dont pay. The situation 1) is you pay the register and you pay the hosting. Situation 2 ) you pay the register but you don't need hosting Situation 3 ) you pay nothing but write an email or fax to indicate your intention.

Regards,

YR

Marvic1 wrote on 5/28/2018, 12:07 AM

Thank you YR, so in other words to keep my Domain Name, I don't need to do anything as long as my Credit Card information is up to date with "Magix", is that correct?

The two emails I received did come from "magix-online.com"...

Once again thank you for the quick reply!!

johnebaker wrote on 5/28/2018, 5:51 AM

@Marvic1

. . . . Thank you YR, so in other words to keep my Domain Name, I don't need to do anything as long as my Credit Card information is up to date with "Magix", is that correct? . . . .

Do the 2 emails contain links to check/change your details and do they take you to the same control panel/site page?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

yvon-robert wrote on 5/28/2018, 8:05 AM

Hi,

the best solution when you own a domain name specialy a .com is to renew few years that prof you are serious to keep the name. Normaly the register send an email a month before expiration. From the email you select 1, 2 or 3 years to renew.

If a link present you click it and complete the operation.

Regards,

YR