Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2023, 3:55 AM

@Dennis-Marangoni

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Interesting questions!

I confess I had not realised that the Text to Speech feature was offered now in PS Deluxe 2024, so I opened my copy and yes, there it is! (I've used it in Movie Studio and Video Pro X and believed it was limited to those softwares.)

You can export the audio, I believe, but not in the sense of exporting it directly from the PS timeline. You need to go to where the audio is saved, by default; you can find this location by going to File>Settings>Program (shortcut Y) and checking the entry under Paths>MAGIX Hub. Find the audio file you want (its name will start with tts followed by the date you downloaded it). If you click on the file it will open (for me at least) in my default audio editor.

I do not know of any limit to the amount of text that can be used.

There is no additional fee that I am aware of.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Dennis-Marangoni wrote on 12/6/2023, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply back. I was going to try the trial version, but I never received the serial number, so I ended up buying it. So I am looking forward to trying it.

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2023, 11:19 AM

@Dennis-Marangoni

Thanks for the feedback.

I suspect the Trial Version, since it is deliberately feature-restricted, may not have allowed you to test the Text to Speech facility.

Happy Photostorying!

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/6/2023, 11:22 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Dennis-Marangoni wrote on 12/6/2023, 12:09 PM

I did give it a shot, so far it functions okay. Some phrases need a little cleaning up. Overall, it should work out for a project I am working on. The ability to adjust the tone or mood is very helpful to highlight context.