Question about Acid Pro use/updates

Sir_Caramel wrote on 5/22/2022, 7:48 PM

Hi, I'd like to buy Acid Pro 10, but I've got a concern with something written in the purchase info:

Unlimited use With the update service you will receive a full year of new features and updates, which can be used indefinitely. If you reinstall the program after one year, you will have access to the basic version. After the one-year update service has expired you can extend it for a discounted price.

What is 'the basic version'? If I buy Acid Pro, does that mean that if I have to reinstall my OS after a year, I'm only getting to reinstall Acid at ACID Music Studio level? Or that I can reinstall Acid at the original Acid Pro version pre-updates?

The wording of the text is ambiguous. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/23/2022, 3:36 AM

@Sir_Caramel No, it means that you cannot access the updates any longer. You will just have access to the original installer.

Usually, you can download the updates through the Help menu. This doesn't work after the update service runs out. You need to backup the update files on your hard drive.

But I'm not sure that the update service is even relevant for ACID. I believe it is mostly used for other software like Movie Edit Pro or Xara Designer. The Update Service will also give you a new release for free, in case it comes out during the time, so you don't need to buy an upgrade.

Sir_Caramel wrote on 5/25/2022, 6:58 PM

@SP. Thank you so much for that info. Good to know!