putting kvraudio synths into MMM14 Producer Edition

Andre48 wrote on 8/3/2009, 11:19 PM
it seems like i've tried everything. this thing just isn't doing it. i spoke to the company that made the synth i want and they say make a ''vst plug in'' folder in the vsti and extract the files from the synth download and put that in the vsti ''vst plug in'' folder. when i do this, nothing ever shows up in the folder even though it says that its in there. i dont know whats going on.

Comments

Former user wrote on 8/4/2009, 5:22 AM
Hello,

if you have a VST folder created, you have to install the plugins in the same folder. After that  start music maker and press "Y" for the options menu. Here you can find  Audio / MIDI options or "directories". In one of this both options you can find  the "VST" options. Here you have to navigate to the VST Folder on your harddisc. The Program will be scan the folder for plugins.  After the re-scan the plugins should to be work.

greetings,

Marek

ralftaro wrote on 8/4/2009, 10:11 AM
Just a small addition: In Music Maker 14 PE, the directory for the  VST plug-ins is not in the program settings. You will have to open the Midi Editor screen within the program, open the "Instr.:" drop-down list, go all the way down to the "Software instruments" sub menu and pick the "VST plug-in path" option here. This will bring up the file dialog to browse for the location of the VST plug-ins on your hard drive.

siglersmalz wrote on 8/5/2009, 1:30 AM
Hi Andre48,

Maybe I'm just tired (it's late right now), but I'm not following your additional information dated 08-04.  I'm not real knowledgable about adding vst instruments, but it is supposed to be very simple and involve files with a .dll extension.

Some time back, I downloaded two free hard rock guitar instruments.  One worked perfectly, the second one never did, so I suspected it was a bad instrument rather than MM14 since the first one worked.  I don't believe a vst instrument is a media audio file, and I'm not following your description, "the files wont go into the vst plug in folder" since that step has nothing to do with MM14 but is a Windows function.

Let me give some basic steps and hopefully this will get you going.

Once you obtain your vst instrument download file(s), there should be some sort of decompression routine.  If your file is a ZIP, you unzip it; if it's an .exe, running the .exe should decompress.  At the end of that step, you should have at least one .dll file and probably a readme.txt or copyright or some additional files.  The specifics are with the maker of the vst instrument.

Next, decide where you want to keep your vst instrument files.  This can be anywhere on your PC.  I recommend something like "My Documents - My Music - My VST Instruments".  Put your vst instrument file(s) (probably .dll) into that folder.

Now, open up Music Maker and do the following:
* You can have a project open or have no project open, either way is fine.
* In the left-hand column on all tracks, you will see a little box with "FX" and a little down arrow.  Above that little box, you will see a single down arrow.

* Click on that down-arrow to open a pull-down menu, which will display available instruments. 

*At the bottom of that pull-down, click on "Software Instruments" then "VST plugin path..."

* That will open up a dialogue box called "VST plunIn directory..." from which you need to browse to the vst folder where you put your vst instrument .dll file(s).

* Stop MM14 and restart it and your vst instrument(s) should now be available in your list of instruments.

As I said, I had one vst instrument that loaded up this way, but another than never appeared in MM14.  Both were free, so I didn't complain.

Hope this helps.