Purchasing song packs from Magix movie edit pro

Townsend-Walton wrote on 11/16/2020, 6:18 PM

I have used songs I purchased through the Magix store one of them being the Iceland Abstract song collection. I have used them on my YouTube channel. A number of times I have been notified of a copyright violation from the songs I had used from the Magix store. Is there any protection from purchasing songs through Magiz in order to avoid these claims?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/17/2020, 3:46 AM

@Townsend-Walton

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I have moved your post to the Movie Edit Pro area of the forums since that is the Magix product you are using.

Can I recommend you read very carefully this pinned post by a member of Magix staff?

Essentially, purchase of any Magix Soundpool or Song Collection does not allow the use of it in any environment where it could be deemed to be "commercial", like YouTube. You need to purchase a commercial licence for each soundpool or song that you wish to use in such a way. Failure to do so is a breach of the terms of sale and of copyright and you could be liable for claims of infringement. Details of how to apply for such a licence can be found at www.producerplanet.com. I notice that for your Iceland Abstract song collection there are actually three purchase options: Non-Commercial and two levels of Commercial licence, each at considerably different prices!. This page explains the difference between the various licences.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 11/17/2020, 4:57 AM

@Townsend-Walton

Hi

In addition to @emmrecs comment - once you have purchased the correct licences, you may still get claims of Copyright infringement.

A lot of these 'copyright claims' are either from users of the same music assuming that have Copyright or entities scraping Youtube attempting to make money by making these claims and demanding payment.

These claims of infringement are not valid. Anyone using music from Producer Planet does not own Copyright of the music purchased.

Copyright belongs to Magix, users only have licence to use it under the terms and conditions of the licence purchased in the appropriate situations governed by those licence conditions.

If you respond to Youtube on this, in your reply use statements similar to the above 2 paragraphs you could also include a link to the licencing Terms & Conditions here.

@emmrecs - the magazine article in Ralfs sticky you linked to is no longer available. The only T & C are those on Producer Planet, Ralf is aware.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 11/17/2020, 5:32 AM

@johnebaker

Hi John.

Thanks for the heads-up on the missing magazine article.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Townsend-Walton wrote on 11/18/2020, 6:09 PM

@Townsend-Walton

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I have moved your post to the Movie Edit Pro area of the forums since that is the Magix product you are using.

Can I recommend you read very carefully this pinned post by a member of Magix staff?

Essentially, purchase of any Magix Soundpool or Song Collection does not allow the use of it in any environment where it could be deemed to be "commercial", like YouTube. You need to purchase a commercial licence for each soundpool or song that you wish to use in such a way. Failure to do so is a breach of the terms of sale and of copyright and you could be liable for claims of infringement. Details of how to apply for such a licence can be found at www.producerplanet.com. I notice that for your Iceland Abstract song collection there are actually three purchase options: Non-Commercial and two levels of Commercial licence, each at considerably different prices!. This page explains the difference between the various licences.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

This has been very helpful for me. Thank you for your response. I also got a copyright claim on a YouTube for using an intro that I had purchased from Magix. The music on the intro was listed as a copyright violation. I appealed the copyright violation and after thirty days without any response from the Claimant, the violation was dropped and I won the appeal.

johnebaker wrote on 11/19/2020, 4:41 AM

@Townsend-Walton

Hi

. . . I appealed the copyright violation and after thirty days without any response from the Claimant, the violation was dropped and I won the appeal. . . . .

A good conclusion, thanks for letting us know.

Happy editing

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.