Purchase older versions

Norman-Tiner wrote on 6/17/2021, 7:16 AM

I'm grasping at straws here trying to get ahold of Magix Music Maker 10 deLuxe. I know, it's outdated, unsupported, etc. It's just extremely nostalgic for me. It was the first DAW I ever used and I've long lost the CD and serial code. So the next question is whether I registered it. Probably not. I'm asking if it's possible to buy again. I'd pay full price or more.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/17/2021, 8:12 AM

@Norman-Tiner

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I would very strongly suspect your chances of being able to purchase this particular version of MM are almost zero, sorry! I think Magix have maintained the numbering sequence of their releases of MM over the years; you are asking about Version 10, the latest release is Version 29, so 19 versions old!

It is just about conceivable that you might find a copy for sale, somewhere, but do ensure it is "genuine", with a valid serial code.

However, there is one very big problem: IF you manage to buy a copy and IF you can get it to install on your computer I think it highly unlikely it will run on any recent version of Windows!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Norman-Tiner wrote on 6/17/2021, 8:34 AM

Thanks Emmrecs. I'm aware of its incompatibility with Windows 10. I actually was able to find a demo of the 2005 version (missing all synths) and was able to get it running in a virtual machine with Windows XP. That would be enough for me. I don't expect to make serious music with it. I just want to see that UI to try and recapture a bit of inspiration from my youth. Nostalgia. I don't think I'll be able to find a copy. It's really sad that this happens with software, even worse than with hardware. At this point there would be no reason for Magix not to include the old software somewhere on their homepage, maybe a buried "deprecated" graveyard. I've found that there is unique character and charm in older software and it's a real shame to see it completely forgotten.

Norman-Tiner wrote on 6/17/2021, 8:35 AM

I really want to hear those synths though. I'll keep my eye out. So strange in 2021, where it feels like you can find anything online, but everything more than a few years old is just dustbinned.

SP. wrote on 6/17/2021, 8:49 AM

@Norman-Tiner I sent you a private message.

jakobjoergensen wrote on 1/17/2023, 8:07 AM

I managed to find a demo once from 2003 that worked on Windows 11.
I miss the old synths. They made Magix magic ;)