Published site look different than in Xara

Hermanus-vanWyjk wrote on 8/24/2019, 12:03 AM

1. When I publish my site to my hosting service, it looks different in variants 480 mobile than in my Xara preview or on-screen. Tried everything to solve. The font is a different colour, size not the same, etc. Normal web browser seems fine. Willing to share the file.

www.jesusdust.org

or

http://steyn.magix.net/Jesusdust/home.htm (test site)

Published site look different than in Xara

2. Also, where can I find Xara developer resources? Removed by Moderator.

Is there not a lot of resources around or am I looking at the wrong place?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/24/2019, 3:10 AM

@Hermanus-vanWyjk

. . . . Posted work opportunity . . .

Please note that advertising is not allowed on the forums - see Community rules, link is at the bottom of the page.

. . . . looks different in variants 480 mobile than in my Xara preview or on-screen . . . .

If the colour variations are slight to moderate then this is probably the different colour characteristics of the monitor and mobile screens.

If a colour is changing from, for example, blue to green then, apart from a faulty device, there is only one possibility, and that is a 'Nightlight' option on the device is switched on.

. . . . where can I find Xara developer resources? . . . .

Widget resources for Xara Web Designer are to be found here.

. . . . Is there not a lot of resources around or am I looking at the wrong place? . . . .

That depends on what you are looking for?

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Hermanus-vanWyjk wrote on 8/24/2019, 8:50 AM

Thanks for your response.

1. The preview of the site is very different to the iPhone 8 Plus Safari view of the site. First Chrome also looked like Safari but then I "Request Mobile Site" and that fixed it in Chrome. See files

2. Sorry, did not know looking for assistance is advertisement. I could not find any Xara developer skills on the internet or your site so I tried the freelance option. But got no response from any Xara developer. How do I find Xara developers that can assist my site? I do most of the development but would like support from pros. I am doing my site part time.....at IT PM by trade. Everyone I talk to encourage me to move to WordPress or the like...but I got used to Xara and don't want to move if I find support from dev community.

johnebaker wrote on 8/24/2019, 11:27 AM

@Hermanus-vanWyjk

Hi

. . . . preview of the site is very different to the iPhone 8 Plus Safari view of the site . . . .

AFAICS, from the published HTML, the Safari browser is not catered for in the template that has been used, Android is there which is why it worked correctly on my mobile.

As a result the default (desktop) site will be delivered to the Safari browser, however Safari interprets the some of the html and css 'instructions' differently resulting in a different look to the site - the most obvious one being the default font used.

. . . . then I "Request Mobile Site" . . . .

That should, in theory, also work for Safari on iPhone or iPad. Safari is dependant on the viewer requesting the mobile site, every fix I can find puts the onus on the viewer.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.