PS 2014 Deluxe BluRay stops playing at 10 minutes

jpetzing wrote on 9/7/2014, 11:50 PM

I created a 40-minute slideshow with about 400 photos and 20 video files. I first created a regular DVD and it played perfectly on my system, but I have it to the person who is going to duplicate it, and there is no sound on their system. But that's the subject of the other question I posed 10 minutes ago.

I also burned a BluRay and I got no errors will building it, except that it complained about a photo having a duration less than 1 second. Sorry, but I need to have two photos alternately displayed for about .7 seconds each to synchronize with my soundtrack. The error message said that the navigation would be "incorrect." I just let it continue anyway.

When I play the BluRay it stops playing about 1/4 of the way through. The only thing I can figure out is that at the point the BluRay stops, there are two photos fading and another one starting (crossfade on track 1, and fade up on track 3). But why does the BluRay fail at 10 minutes, and the regular DVD works fine (except for the problem of no audio on some systems)?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/9/2014, 1:26 PM

Hi

The cause of this issue is going to be difficult to determine if it is a disc fault, incompatability issue, a problem with your burner or a software issue.

I would suggest you try the following:

• Ensure PS 2014 is patched up to date

• Test the 'faulty' disc in different players.

• Burn a Blu-Ray image, ie select Image recorder in the burn dialog, and then use burning software eg Nero, Roxio, ImgBurn (free) to write this to disc and test in various players.

• Burn again using PS 2014 to BD-RE disc (I recommend Verbatim) and test this in several players.

Tip:

I use rewriteable discs for all my initial burns - whether DVD or BD - during testing on the big screen I often find little improvements can be made, using rewriteables saves money. When eveything is OK I then copy them to DVD-R or BD

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/9/2014, 1:26 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.