Program: Xara Web Designer MX. Q. Can I share intermediate results with a colleague

wvonk wrote on 4/5/2013, 12:14 PM

How can I share intermediate results with a colleague, who does not have Web Designer, before publishing it?

To improve the design in an iterative way it would be good to discuss and share intermeediate results, before or after export, with other people. Special rollover, enlargment and other effects should be maintained as much as possible. How do I manage?

Or to say it differtly; I can preview my design in Xara Web Designer. Is there any way I can send my design to a third party for him to review, without publishing the design?

Thank you 

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/6/2013, 5:04 PM

wvonk,

Sorry I can' say for your Xara Web Designer, but the web production program I have been using has an option to 'Publish' to a disc folder on my local machine rather than a remote hosting site. This folder contain the final .hrtml page(s) and all the resources needed eg images,clips, style sheets and java scripts.

Alternately if I choose 'Preview' my browser shows the folder where the files have been placed eg file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/Web... which has all the same stuff which can be sent to someone else. The preview is just publishing to local disc and displaying the result.

Regards,

Carl

wvonk wrote on 4/7/2013, 5:20 AM

Carl

Thank you so much for taking the affort to answer

1. I cannot find an option to publish to local disc in Xara-magix, like you have.

2. I do find the preview file on my disck. If I use file explorer i can preview it with the same results as from the Xara-magix program. The file properties are: chrome HTML document (.htm). However if I send this file to a third party it only shows text and empty squares? (Somehow the attributes remain on my local disc)

Walter J.A. Vonk