Program not working

Bun-Champ wrote on 10/9/2020, 4:26 PM

I have purchased the photo & graphic designer program. It worked for a while now every time I access my Xara files from my flash drive I get a pop up stating that something has been corrupted #71 and to re-install the program. I have re-installed several times with the same response, #71. I have done everything that I can to contact Magix tech support about this and I have been referred here.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/10/2020, 3:58 AM

@Bun-Champ

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, please read this post and give us all the information requested there, along with the exact version and build number of P&G Designer which you have. It really does help other users to help you if we have ALL the necessary information!

Second, can you give us the exact, full wording of the error message you see?

Third, you say your files are on a flash drive. Have you tried copying them from that drive to your main computer drive and attempting to open them from there?

Fourth, you can contact Magix Support via this page, assuming you have a Magix account but you do need to be aware that if your version of the product is now "old" you may well have to buy a support voucher to have Technical Support assist you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/10/2020, 6:38 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 10/10/2020, 6:47 AM

@Bun-Champ

Hi

. . . . access my Xara files from my flash drive . . .

In addition to @emmrecs comment, by Flash drive do you mean Thumb drive/Memory Stick /Memory card?

If so, this could be what the corrupted error message is telling you, we do need the full message though.

Can you open other project files (if you have any)?

. . . . I have re-installed several times with the same response, #71 . . . .

Re-installing is a last resort option and if you did not clean out all the files that are left behind after the uninstall then re-installing does not gain anything, - the files are are left behind because they are created on first run of the program and the un-installer knows nothing about them.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.