Producing EXIF/IPTC image data in Photostory Deluxe?

akakoala wrote on 4/7/2016, 8:16 PM

I've been using Photostory Deluxe 2016 and it's generally quite impressive.  One piece of functionality which I feel in necessary though is the ability to overlay images with data pulled from the image EXIF and/or IPTC data eg image filename and location taken.  I'm wondering if such functionality is ever likely to be included.

Comments

akakoala wrote on 8/29/2020, 6:14 AM

I've been using Photostory Deluxe 2016 and it's generally quite impressive.  One piece of functionality which I feel in necessary though is the ability to overlay images with data pulled from the image EXIF and/or IPTC data eg image filename and location taken.  I'm wondering if such functionality is ever likely to be included.

I have had this program since my four year old post above and still believe this functionality would be good. Clearly not on the bucket list?

emmrecs wrote on 8/29/2020, 8:29 AM

@akakoala

Since the specific purpose of Photostory Deluxe is to allow the user to create Slideshows and similar presentations I am not at all sure why the feature you are asking for would be needed?

As you say, it does not exist now and, presumably, is unlikely to be added, I think. However, although slightly more tedious, perhaps, there is nothing preventing the user from adding this data to each slide/image as a title or caption.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

akakoala wrote on 8/29/2020, 11:40 AM

I create slideshows of my road trips in eg the UK and US. They may contain a few to many dozens of photos. It would be good to be able to extract placenames (or even date and time taken) contained within the photos metadata to display automatically on the photos as they are displayed. It would be quite tedious to manually add the placenames on every photo I wish to include in a slideshow. This functionality is available in software of a similar power and functionality to Photostory. Photostory even has the travel map functionality which would complement such a feature.