Problems ACID 8 (x64) 8.0.7 build (233)

Newman-cz wrote on 10/15/2018, 2:05 AM

Greetings to all the developers of Acid,

I would first like to send great praise
Version 8.0.7 (233) The 64-bit version does not stop at startup and works well with third-party accessories.
Good work for boys.

Still, I found a few minor mistakes.

One large: When you use BeatMap Maker under Clip Properties -> Stretch, the clip in the Choper window is incorrectly played. In most cases, it jumps or tears at the place where the manufacturer is located. Sometimes it does not even correspond to the clip time. If the clip on the timeline works perfectly.

Small errors are graphical.

The track properties remained in the light of the changes.

If the Clip Properties window is inactive, the font is blurry.

The MIDI Editor in the Clip Properties window has an inverse selection logic. The selected event is dark, others are clear. The track editor is correct. The selected event and the unselected are dark.

The MIDI Editor in the Clip Properties window has inverted keyboard colors. White keys have black lines and black keys are white. Trach Editor is OK.

I know these are small things that other users do not see. But I work with ACID every day, 5-12 hours a day, and if you have to deal with these things in every project (mainly the Beatmap problem), it's smooth.

Yeah and I forgot the render on mp3 does not show the time

Yours sincerely, Mirek

Comments

weevil wrote on 10/17/2018, 1:01 PM

It's always interesting to see how different people's workflows impact their experience of a program.  I don’t use any of the features you do. 

I'm sure plenty of people do and hope all of this gets added to the bug list.

sheppo wrote on 10/19/2018, 9:37 AM

Hey @Newman-cz thanks for reporting these. I actually like that you posted a good description and images, that definitely helps a lot!

1. having said that, i wasn't sure what this first screenshot was referring to

2. yep, there's all kinds of old style UX issues all over acid. I'm not aware of what work specifically is going on to fix this in future versions of acid, but I do wonder if it's worth us beta testers starting to help catalogue them - it may be useful for the devs.

3. this is another issue that belongs above. It's a graphical left over from the old light design of the UI, where the text was supposed to look greyed out if other options were not enabled. In the dark UI is just looks janky. It definitely needs fixing :)

4. There was already another thread about the last issue, which I have already logged as a bug.

SampleScience_1 wrote on 10/26/2018, 8:39 PM

With this new version, I get a lot of crash. I'm on Windows 10, got 16GB of RAM and a i7 processor. There's a lot of small issues too, for example, I can't minimize Acid's window using the top underscore. It doesn't work at all, resizing the window is problematic too, but it's not a big issue for me. If I try to use my x64 plugins (in the x64 version of Acid) it crashes a lot. Completing a project is close to impossible because of the constant crashing. I use other DAWs with the same plugins and got zero crashes in them (FL Studio 20, Reaper, Renoise, even LMMS which is open source and free). I wish I could use it though because the Magix plugins are really good and getting my loop on the same key is super useful. I'm open to suggestion as to how I could fix these issues. I think the program is great and I dig the new GUI.

sheppo wrote on 10/29/2018, 8:47 AM

hey @SampleScience_1

can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest version of Acid, as the windows resizing issues were fixed in previous builds.

Acid does feel more sensitive to using certain combinations of VSTs, for example I can point a different DAW at my root VST folder and have it deal with the x64 and x32 bit plugins, and any conflicts that arise. For Acid I have to point it at specific folders with specific versions installed. e.g. install VSTs to separate x32 and x64 folders (which most VSTs tell you to do anyway), and then load the correct architecture VSTs in to Acid Pro 8. Doing this made things a lot more stable for me, hopefully have more luck too.

Please let us know that helps..