Problem with document opening but displaying in black & white no pics

P-God wrote on 7/28/2021, 2:11 PM

I'm new to Page & Layout. A couple weeks ago I successfully opened some documents created with Adobe InDesign by converting to PDF Interactive file then opening in P&L. Today when I open those docs they appear in B&W, some text is Outline, no color, no pics. This happened unintentionally when I was working with a doc several days ago. I think I either had to click Undo a few times, or dump the doc and start over. Can't remember. Can't click Undo because it's only just been opened. I haven't done anything to undo.

If I look at the thumbnail images in Page & Layer window, I can see my docs look like they're supposed to.

Can somebody smarter than me (which is probably all of you) please tell me why my files are suddenly doing this when they were working fine? And if so, kindly tell me how to fix it?

tried to attach pic, but it won't let me

Thank you!

Comments

P-God wrote on 7/28/2021, 2:46 PM

Here's the pic. It attached this time.

This issue affects any PDF I open. However, it does not affect the main document I've been creating. It is a .xar file, but was originally converted from a PDF. That PDF also now opens like the above pic.

Help!