Problem with appearing box in Photostory 2015 Deluxe.

tarnelless wrote on 4/21/2015, 12:41 AM

I upgraded to Photostory 2015 and have had quite a few issues with burning to CD (Some of the pictures dissapear and takes 2/3 hours to burn to disc,when only 1GB, and I lost the last 10 minutes of a project that I burned to disc after all this de-backle, but I thought it might be a problem with my computer. I took the computer in to be fixed and when it came back, the salesman said I should delete 12/13/14 versions of Photostory on DVD as I have the latest version in 2015 copy. However, I started making a couple of small slideshows and this jolly box keeps popping up and flashing. 

File

C:\Program Files (x86)\Magix\Photostory2014Deluxe\Beauty and power of the bird_BAK2.MP_cannot be opened

Also another box flashes up

An error occured while writing the project file

Now I am not writing the file as yet!!!!

Now this is also flashing on 2 other projects I am trying to work on and I am not working with Photostory 14, I am useing Photostory15.

( As quick as I close it, it comes back up 20/30 times and it is frustrating as I cannot swith it off to continue my slideshow. After clicking it a hundred times (probably exagerating) it goes away, only to come back again maybe 1/2 hour later. Then I do the same procedure over again. Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 8.1 ( i7 processor  64bit)

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/21/2015, 3:50 PM

Hi

. . . . the salesman said I should delete 12/13/14 versions of Photostory on DVD . . . .

Did he offer a better reason than you have the latest installed?

Do the earlier versions work OK?

. . . . However, I started making a couple of small slideshows . . . .

Using which version of Photostory ? The error message would indicate 2014, however your question infers 2015.

. . . . C:\Program Files (x86)\Magix\Photostory2014Deluxe\Beauty and power of the bird_BAK2.MP_cannot be opened . . . .

Does the backup file really exist in the location specified ? If so that is an odd place for it to be - it should be in the same folder as the project was originally saved and definitely not in the folder stated above.

. . . . An error occured while writing the project file . . . . Now I am not writing the file as yet!!!! . . . .

But you are - Photostory is trying to recover the backup file and write it as a standard project file.

I suspect that in the process of the computer people 'fixing' the computer they have broken Photostory especially if they have used a registry cleaner.

Try reinstalling the software - start with the earliest version you have and work your way through the other versions in order - selecting the Repair option if offered. 

If you do not want to keep all the versions you have then remove the ones you do not need then start repairing the rest in order.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/21/2015, 4:00 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

tarnelless wrote on 4/21/2015, 7:26 PM

Hello John, I will do as you suggested. I almost did that, but thought to ask first. The man who fixed my computer told me I had too much on my hard drive and that I should remove anything I don't use, so I cannot fully blame him.

It was all working fine before I sent it away

. . . C:\Program Files (x86)\Magix\Photostory2014Deluxe\Beauty and power of the bird_BAK2.MP_cannot be opened . . . .

Does the backup file really exist in the location specified ? If so that is an odd place for it to be - it should be in the same folder as the project was originally saved and definitely not in the folder stated above.

As far as I am aware, when I log on to make a new slideshow, it should save it in the appropriate place, like it used to.

. . . . An error occured while writing the project file . . . . Now I am not writing the file as yet!!!! . . . .

But you are - Photostory is trying to recover the backup file and write it as a standard project file.

I  thought that meant that I was burning it Duhhh!!

Thank you for your help, I will un install and re install the versions I have over the next few days. You are a legend!!