Problem uploading video to youtube via Magix movie edit pro 14 plus

Gregoryniss wrote on 12/2/2008, 1:08 AM
Hello everyone. So i just recently got the Magix movie edit pro 14 plus. I want to submit a movie to Youtube through the program, but i'm having difficulty with the "internet connection". I can get through all of the menu stuff, and then after i put in my youtube account information. Before it uploads, the program says that it can't upload because i don't have an "internet connection". I have cable internet so its continuous. I went to the "internet connection" tab above the "internet" part, and i can't select any options at the top. Its just a blank bar and i can't do anything to it. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you,

Greg

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/3/2008, 10:55 AM
Might be caused by a Firewall or a similar component restricting Internet access for the program. So, Firewall/security software settings might be something to look into. If it comes down to it and you can't get it to work for you any other way, just export the movie as e.g. WMV or DivX AVI via the export function in the "File" menu of the program and upload it to YouTube manually. Just takes a few mouse clicks more and also gets the job done.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 12/4/2008, 3:47 AM
Hi Greg,

The YouTube API problems are already history again. The direct uploading works fine again. I could confirm this on my end. So, you might still be able to make this work. Naturally, there's always the option to manually upload. So, as far as your question about the ideal upload format is concerned: YouTube themselves are offering some knowledge resources and tips on their website regarding upload format and upload troubleshooting:

help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py

There are also plenty of other resources taking on this topic. You might want have a look here:

www.aaproductions.net/mep/tips/export/yt/youtube.htm
www.videomaker.com/youtube/

I hope this helps you to get started.