Problem transferring VHS video to PC - unable to see visuals

kmills wrote on 7/28/2011, 5:23 AM

I am using Magix Rescue Your Videotapes v.2.0 and running it on Windows Vista.  I successfully transferred some VHS videos about a year ago, but have just tried to do some more and I am having a problem.  I'm fairly sure that all the cables are connected properly, but when I try to copy a video it only seems to be copying the sound but not the picture.  While it's copying, the preview screen is black but I can hear the background sound okay.  Also, although I tick the 'automatic scene recognition' box, this doesn't appear to be working.

If anyone could point out what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kam

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/29/2011, 10:01 AM

Well, I would still check the cables... also make sure that the hardware driver is installed correctly... maybe over the time you did not use it things have changed in your system that have caused the driver for capture to not be valid.

Which USB device do you have... I have two different ones and I missed version 2 of this software. I had the original which came with a longer black USB device with cables attached to it. This worked great for me in XP/Vista but was not Windows 7 compatible.

I bought the Rescue Your Videotapes 3.0 which came with a smaller red/white USB device which had a detachable cable set. This works great with Windows 7 (but I have not tried it on the Vista machine).

kmills wrote on 7/30/2011, 2:21 PM

John-auvil,

Thank you for your help.  I am also using the small red/white device.

Following your reply I decided to run the installation CD again and this seems to have sorted the problem.

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

kmills wrote on 7/30/2011, 2:21 PM

John-auvil,

Thank you for your help.  I am also using the small red/white device.

Following your reply I decided to run the installation CD again and this seems to have sorted the problem.

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.