Problem opening data files with new download

Jonathan-Wood wrote on 7/10/2021, 12:33 PM

I recently bought a new computer and I downloaded Xara Photo & Graphics Designer by logging into my account and downloading it from My Products.

But when I attempt to load one of my data files, I get the following message:

"This file was produced by a different or newer version of the program. It contains some data that will be ignored."

How do I install the version I had working (and paid for) previously?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/13/2021, 6:14 AM

@Jonathan-Wood

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, and apologies that no-one has previously replied to your question.

Do you still have access to the old computer and its installation of PGD? If so, which exact version does it have installed?

From what you write I will assume this is a later version than the one currently installed on your new computer. I assume you do not have any option on this computer to update the installation?

If so, I suspect the problem is that, when you first bought and installed PGD on your old computer, you also had the Update Service, which would have allowed you to download and install any updates for a period of twelve months from when you originally purchased the app. If you did not choose to continue to enjoy the Update Service, by paying to purchase additional blocks of twelve months, what you now have is the installer for the version you originally purchased. You cannot update it because your Update Service is no longer valid.

If my suspicions are correct, I think your only option is to repurchase the Update Service, at which point you should be able to update your new installation to at least the same version as was on your old computer; it may be that you will actually find you now have an even more up to date version but this should not be a problem since the software should be backwards-compatible (i.e. you can open files created in an older version).

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam