Pro X7 - Only 2 Skins??

RoRo13 wrote on 5/29/2022, 11:52 AM

Recently paid To upgrade to Pro X 7 from 6. Have Used Cameo skin for a long time, since this was the default skin in 6. From what I understand, Now there are only 2 skins in 7! Had I known I would not have "updated" and paid for 7. I paid for an upgrade, not a downgrade! Have been a loyal Magix user for many years , and have used a combination of program skins for my projects throughout my LOYAL Financial purchases/support.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/29/2022, 1:27 PM

@RoRo13 I believe it's possible to just copy the old skins into Pro X7's folder. But I'm not sure how compatible these skins are with the new version.

Premysl-Haas wrote on 6/3/2022, 10:13 AM

I'm trying a trial version of Samp 7
- I also like working in Camo skins (Pro X6 Suite) and in the new version I miss this one very much in the new (7) version
- there are some interesting improvements in version 7, but I don't know if it's worth 299, - Euro (for upgrade)?!

SP. wrote on 6/3/2022, 10:50 AM

@Premysl-Haas If you want to buy a new version each year and already own all the bonus software that comes with Samplitude, a subscription would be cheaper. Of course, you will lose access if you cancel the subscription, but it's an alternative if you don't want to pay the high upgrade prices. I don't think that the new version is worth the upgrade cost if you already own version X6. I always suggest to skip two or three versions to justify the upgrade price.

It seems there will be bug fix updates to Pro X6 as long as many people create support tickets. The users in the official Samplitude forum suggest to create many tickets to get the last bugs out of Pro X6. If this happens it should be a pretty good version to be used a long time before you need to upgrade again.

Premysl-Haas wrote on 6/3/2022, 3:16 PM

Somehow I thought about it, Samplitude has been my main DAW for many years. But I don't use the bonus software much, I don't need SoundForge, because I have Samplitude :-). And Pro X6 includes Camo skin, which I like.
The new features of Pro X 7 are interesting, but not so crucial and important against version 6. I'll wait for the next version, I hope it will have a Camo skin.
Thank You, Magix.

ruffrida wrote on 10/27/2022, 10:17 AM

hi everybody! i have been using magix since 2003. i just got a new computer with windows 11 on it. i took the hard drives out of my old computer and put them in a ssd reader... now the problem is the skins for the mixer.. the delay / feedback section is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF MY MIXES LACK THE FEEDBACK AND DELAY! and most of the plugins that i have been using for years also. where can i find the skin for the mixer i was using. samplitude 2015??? HEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPP

emmrecs wrote on 10/27/2022, 10:44 AM

@ruffrida

Are you aware there is a dedicated forum for Samplitude Pro here?

Given the nature of your question and because very few, if any, users of Samplitude Pro visit or post here I suspect you would be best advised to register at and repost your question there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ruffrida wrote on 10/27/2022, 11:46 AM

yes. well aware. but i have the best mixes on earth using the plugins and mixer i been using. i have 2004 2005 2014 2015 2020 . i just thought the other ones were a waste of time to buy. i dont want to keep re-learning how to use a music program.

SP. wrote on 10/27/2022, 12:24 PM

@ruffrida Skins can usually be changed in the system settings. Are you still using Music Studio 2015?

ruffrida wrote on 10/28/2022, 1:54 AM

yesterday i uploaded 2004 and 2005 on this computer. im using 2004. but the problem is now i cant use the plug ins that i had on all of my songs. i dont like the mixers on 2015 2017 2020

SP. wrote on 10/28/2022, 2:09 AM

@ruffrida Are you using the internal plugins that came with the program? Otherwise you need to install all missing plugins first.

ruffrida wrote on 10/28/2022, 3:15 AM

External plug ins that i have been using. i dont want to use any others. the ones i have been using always seemed to work very very very well. i didnt know that a new computer would off set my mixes and plug in usage.

SP. wrote on 10/28/2022, 3:21 AM

@ruffrida Okay, that explains your problems. After you installed all missing plugins and configured the program to load them, your songs should load fine again.

ruffrida wrote on 10/28/2022, 5:21 AM

im still trying to do that. i hope i can get it to work. or i will try to download windows 7 or something on this computer.,

SP. wrote on 10/28/2022, 5:27 AM

@ruffrida Windows 7 will not bring back your plugins. Do you still have access to your previous computer?

ruffrida wrote on 10/30/2022, 5:56 AM

i took the hard drives out of the computer and i use a hard drive dock

SP. wrote on 10/30/2022, 6:11 AM

@ruffrida Ok, then you should be able to find out which plugins you used by looking into your old VST plugins folders.