PLEASE HELP! USB video converter installation doesnt happen!

Nicki1 wrote on 6/14/2009, 6:57 AM

HELP!

I have sucessfully installed my "Rescue your Videotapes" software.

I have followed the instructions on pg 8 of the "Rescue your videotapes" manual for installing the hardware for Windows XP -
I didnt connect the device, placed the only disc I received with the package into the drive (Movies on DVD 7) and selected USB driver..... 
I just get the message:

System cannot detect the device on your computer, please make sure the device is connected properly

I have tried reinstalling the software, restarting the computer etc
Then I tried connecting the USB device and installing it that way....looks like its working then I get this message:

The USB - Videowandler 2 BDA driver installation failed!

WHAT CAN I DO???!!!!! PLEASE!??

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/17/2009, 11:03 AM
Hi there,

I'm afraid the documentation might be somewhat inaccurate with regards to that particular aspect. It's referring to an earlier video capture hardware previously provided with the product. For the newer device you're using, you will have to have it connected to the computer's USB port when starting the driver installation procedure.

I hope this helps.

mrmagix wrote on 8/23/2009, 6:27 AM
Hi,

I have the same exact problem.

I have installed the software. When I insert the usb-videowandler to the USB port I first get an error message from Windows, that it doesn't recognize the device. When I then insert the cd and begin the USB driver installation as you advised - with the device connected -  I get a message saying:

MAGIX USB-Videowandler 2 BDA Driver Setup Wizard: System cannot detect the device on your computer, please make sure the device is connected properly.

I have also tried it by installing from the cd first before inserting the device, but I get the same error message. I have tried both USB-1 and USB-2 ports. I have Windows XP home edition SP-2.

I woud appreciate it a lot if you could help me with this problem.
nealeh wrote on 11/4/2009, 4:33 AM
I've had that problem after Ad-Aware thought that emmon.exe was a virus. I eventually found a standalone installer for the software on the Magix German website here: http://www.magix.com/de/zubehoer/usb-videowandler/?partnerid=9015. Look about halfway down for the button "Treiber-Download. Download the file, unzip it and run the setup.exe. After that finishes plug in the convertor to a USB 2 port and away you go.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
kev1944 wrote on 1/21/2010, 12:57 PM
I also had the same problem installing the USB driver on Windows 7. Leave the main installation disc in your DVD drive and the open device drivers via Control Panel or via the Windows icon and click on Drivers and Printers. Request manual search for driver whilst the installation disc remains in the computer and then follow the instructions. I'm afraid the instruction booklet is not correct - hence the problem!
bshnow wrote on 4/16/2011, 7:35 AM

My trouble is it doesen't Recognize at all. I just bought a new Computer HP with a AMD. Mine tell it doesen't support audo you have set (4000 HZ. please to to Advance mode  and select user defined.Where is the advance mode in rescue? Patricks.style@att.net

bshnow wrote on 5/21/2011, 9:51 AM

I had the same trouble. Ikeep after Magix and they had me to send my my capture device. they sent me a new one that the button lights up when conects. But I had to re-install I took every thing out of my computer that had magix on it and re-install with the red capture device plug in. Put it was ver 3. Now I have other problens with sound and it keeping the file I downloaded to rescue. it seem to disapear .