Photostory ver 19.02.46 reopens after shut down on Windows 10.

Martin-Finnie wrote on 7/27/2020, 12:10 PM

On my Windows 10 PC every time I end a Photostory session it first closes and then after 30 seconds it reopens again all on its own. I then have to close it a second time. This happens whether I use the menu File>Close option or just click the close X on the corner of the screen. I have reinstalled the program but it still has the same problem. I also installed Photostory ver 16.1.1.46 and this version closes correctly and does not launch itself again.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/27/2020, 1:39 PM

@Martin-Finnie

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The problem of an app re-opening "automatically" after previously being closed is a rare, though not unknown, phenomenon! It is usually an indication that the program was "trying to do some housekeeping" or similar but has not actually finished it at the time you shut down the program.

It is sometimes possible to correct this by leaving the program open on your computer for at least a few minutes after you have finished using it, thus allowing it to complete what it wants to do. You can also open Task Manager and check how much use the app is making of your CPU and Disk; once it has finished any task, the usage of both the processor and disk should drop to zero.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam