Photostory on CD/DVD 10: Multi-language support

PRODROMOS wrote on 3/10/2012, 5:13 PM

I'm in the process of doing a test slideshow, to see how well Magix will works as this is the first time I'm trying this.

I wanted to add a title frame to the slideshow, but I wanted the title in Greek.  I double-clicked the title and was able to input:

Ναυπακτίας

after which I exited out only to see

žžžžžžžžžž

(see attached image).

Can anyone confirm if mult-language is supported by Magix and if so how can I accomplish this.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2012, 4:32 AM

Hi

I do not think you can directly input Greek characters when the language is set to something different.

However you can use the Unicode characters for any language - they just take longer as while you are holding down the Alt key you type in a four digit number - the image below shows a sample entered in MEP - just hope I haven't spelled something which is not 'appropriate'

For Greek the character codes are 0913 - 0969.  You can find the Unicodes for most windows supported languages on the Internet where they are given in various format you need the decimal or numerical code ones (depends on which language you are looking at). 

Eg:

These sites have codes for many languages - there are others available

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/greekchart.html

http://webdesign.about.com/od/localization/l/blhtmlcodes-gr.htm

Note for the decimal codes given there the & = holding down the Alt key,  the # = 0 and ignore the ; at the end.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/17/2012, 4:49 AM, changed a total of 6 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.