Photostory Deluxe not working

Bert52 wrote on 4/13/2020, 9:40 AM

After purchasing and loading PS-Deluxe, I opened the program and it gave me a picture of a large rodent on the upper right quadrant of my screen. Underneath the image was the phrase, "Keine Medien gefunden" which translates to "no media found." Strange since I signed up for the program and selected 'English' as my language preference. I'm unable to select anything and get past this screen. I really would like this program to work, any suggestions?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/13/2020, 10:12 AM

@Bert52

Welcome to the Magix forums.

This "feature" of the program is something of a pain!!

I remember having to solve this problem on the initial installation of the program on my computer.

You need to go to the upper right corner of the workscreen and find the three vertical dots (ellipse). If the dots are not visible, try selecting from the middle column "Photo Explorer" and then continue as below.

Left-click on them and select "Classic view". This will allow you to navigate to the folder(s) where your images and/or videos etc. are stored.

You will also need to open File>Settings>Program (shortcut Y) and make sure you have set the "Paths" tab to whatever suits you.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Bert52 wrote on 4/15/2020, 3:28 PM

I appreciate the response but when I clicked on the three dots in the upper right corner, 'classic view' was not an option. In fact, I couldn't select anything at all. Also, when I selected 'File,' nothing happened. I've closed the program and re-opened ...same results.

emmrecs wrote on 4/16/2020, 4:21 AM

@Bert52

Sorry that didn't work. I'm working from memory because it is quite some time since I encountered this and discovered how to bypass that "feature". Once that bypass is found, the problem seems to permanently disappear!

I just added another screenshot, which I now see is irrelevant to you (so removed), because I have been able to "resurrect" that rodent on my computer. Quite definitely, the way to remove him is via the three dots on the upper right and selecting the dropdown option "Classic view".

So, if you do not see that Classic view option I think we must take a step back and ask:When you initially installed the app (you did write that you had purchased it, where from by the way?) did you enter the serial key/verification code that you would have received in the purchase confirmation email?

One other thought: if you go to Help>About MAGIX Photostory, what is the exact version number? The current latest is 19 .02.46.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam