PHOTOSTORY DELUXE - MUSIC ALREADY USED IN A PROJECT

graham-seaman wrote on 4/9/2022, 4:13 AM

Hi all. Just purchased Photostory Deluxe (version 21.0.1.74) and found a possible issue with music media already used in projects.

Any photos / graphics inserted into a project is then greyed out or with a small red square against it when the same folder is browsed during subsequent sessions. I had expected the same thing to happen with music once that had been inserted as well, but apparently it doesn't.

When I was working on the project yesterday each music file I inserted had a 'tick' against it in the folder, recording the fact that it had been used. I fully saved the project once the session had been done, and then reopened it this morning. When I browsed the same music folder on my hard-drive, none of the tracks used have any markings on them at all.

To test it the theory, I added a piece of music to the project which had been already included. The item was marked with a red square symbol in all display modes (list, details and large symbols). I then saved then project and closed Photostory completely.

When I reopened the project (using the link for recent projects) it opened correctly. The photos themselves had the red square as expected, but the music files were not marked in the same way. This is disappointing, as I'll now have to keep a separate list of music I've used to save duplication in the project. Not a great inconvenience I suppose, but an annoying one.

Has this issue been mentioned before / picked up as a bug/development request? I've searched for it in the support area but can't find anything about it.

Your comments would be appreciated. Cheers - Graham.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/10/2022, 4:41 AM

@graham-seaman

Hi Graham

. . . . Photostory Deluxe (version 21.0.1.74)  . . . .

The current version is 21.0.2.120 - you are missing 4 patches - IIRC correctly one of these fixed a display issue.

You should have been getting a popup on start of the program informing you that a new patch was available.

If not - update using Help, Update online.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/10/2022, 4:42 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

graham-seaman wrote on 4/10/2022, 2:46 PM

Hi John.

Thanks for this. I'll update the patches and check that the issue is resolved. I also found a possible separate issue today when trying to amend the text size of a title slide. Changing the text size in the field and then hitting the Tab key caused the session to lock up and I had to use Task Manager to shut it down. I'll retest this after running the patches and see if the locking issue is still there - if it is, I'll raise another ticket with the support team. Cheers - Graham.

emmrecs wrote on 4/11/2022, 4:10 AM

@graham-seaman

Changing the text size in the field and then hitting the Tab key

Why did you hit the TAB key? Where did you expect/want to tab to? I think if you hit OK instead you would avoid the freeze.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam