Photostory DeLuxe 2018

JensKN-Petersen wrote on 2/19/2021, 3:50 AM

The program chashes imidiatly when trying to create a new file. The recent project crashed when trying to use the zoom opertunity. I am using Windows 10 which automatically installs new versions, normally during night time. My Magix De Luxe Photostory does not work anymore, though it is only a few years old. I have bought alle my programs through many years at Magix, but now the quality seems to be poorer. As a ritired person I do not have unlimited acces to further payments to upgrade, which you encourage me to do all the time, every day in fact. Please settle out my problems. Yours Faithfully, Jens K. N. Petersen. PS: Could not send the crashlog as You tell me that there is no contact with the Internet, which is not true! That's why I found this way to communicate.

I have another program Video Pro as You may see in my account with You. When I use photos, there use to accour a red dot, which shows me that I have used the photo. Now this red dot is missing, which makes the work very slow for me. I am not satisfied with any of your products. If you are unable to help me with alle these problems my next investment in photo and video programs maybe not will be Magix, which I used to be satisfied with. I am looking forward to hear from You. Jens K.N. Petersen, Denmark

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/19/2021, 5:00 AM

@JensKN-Petersen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and we, fellow-users, do not have any access to your account!

For Photostory, I would suggest as a first step, go to File>Settings>Reset Program settings to default. This will remove any customizations you have made to the program and restore it to its factory default state. Does that help?

For your question about Video Pro X, exactly which version and build do you have, you can check under Help >About. On my installation of VPX12 I always see the red dots, which, I agree, are very useful. The same option to reset the program can be found in VPX, but again, any customizations you have made will be lost by this process. Again, does that help?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 2/19/2021, 8:17 AM

@JensKN-Petersen

Hi

What is your computer specification see this topic for details required - you did not give this information in your previous topic you posted regarding Photostory.

Please ensure you give the full names and models of processor and graphics card installed - these are of particular importance for the issue with Video Pro X.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.