Photostory deluxe 2014: start marker missing

sa-l98 wrote on 9/28/2014, 2:02 AM

Hi !

I understood that, that I can set multiple slides crossfade transisiton durations by selecting the checkbox in screenshot below ?

However, I can not set start marker. Right click sets end marker. but left click just moves play marker.

Is this a bug ? Using trial version, but this will become showstopper for purchasing license.  

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/28/2014, 12:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the Community,

The play marker is actually the left marker, so the range is between that and the marker that you set with the right mouse button. The program does not keep a left marker to define a range. For that type of thing, like multiple markers and setting a range, you would need Movie Edit Pro (MEP).

To do what you want, just set the playback cursor at or at the left of the first transition and the right cursor at the end of the range. Open the set transition duration, as you did, choose the time and check the box beside "Apply to the area between the start and end markers." Ok and the duration will be applied to all transitions between the playback cursor and the right marker. Note that a transition has to exist at each photo before doing this, as the program does not create the overlap.

I don't know what all you intend to do with the program. If you want to do detailed editing, PIP, audio, video, etc., I suggest MEP, and especially MEP2015Premium as the effects themselves are well worth the price of admission. With PhotoStory, you very quickly run into limitations. One of them, as you have seen, is the ability to set multiple markers. Another is that you only have 4 tracks to work with.

HTH

Last changed by browj2 on 9/28/2014, 12:08 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos