Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/19/2019, 8:52 AM

Hi

AFAIK there are no specific tutorials for these in Photostory, however if you look at the same topics for Movie Edit Pro the principles are very similar.

Also do read the installed PDF manual available under Help.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Chrisvd wrote on 2/19/2019, 1:03 PM

Thanks John. Your reply is much appreciated. There are one or two "silly" things that are not spelled out in the Manual because they probably consider it obvious. I'll check out the Movie Edit Pro videos and see if I can pick it up in there.

Norman-Peterson wrote on 10/21/2019, 12:41 PM

I have to agree with Chrisvd. It is as if everything is about Movie Edit Pro and Photo story is an after thought. I am really trying to grasp this program and having a hard time. Sorry the Movie Edit Pro videos are very different than Photo-story.

browj2 wrote on 10/21/2019, 3:08 PM

@Chrisvd @Norman-Peterson

Hi,

Did you watch the tutorials on the Magix site?

https://www.magix.com/ca/support/know-how/tutorial-videos/photostory-deluxe/

In the manual, there is a Quick Start chapter that you should read and try out everything using the program.

As for the similarities, Movie Edit Pro and PhotoStory are the same but PhotoStory has a different coloured interface, less features than MEP Plus/Premium, less buttons in the toolbar, no track header, and there are buttons at the top of the Media Pool instead of tabs, but they do the same thing in both programs.

Size/Position and Camera/zoom shot do exactly the same thing in both programs. Here are images of each.

Movie Edit Pro 2019

PhotoStory 2019 Premium VR

MEP - Camera/Zoom

PhotoStory - Camera/Zoom

They look like the same, no?

Do not use StoryBoard mode, only Timeline. In the last image above, make sure that you see Preview and not Edit in the interface, otherwise you will not see the dashed lines.

For Camera/zoom shot, there is a good chapter in the manual about this. With a video or photo on the timeline, you have 2 main choices, zoom out from a section or zoom in to a section. From section: select the clip, click on From section and a dashed box will appear in the preview monitor, just like in my last image above. Move it with the mouse and resize using the corner handles. The default is Over full duration. Two keyframes are created in the keyframe area, the first one will be the size/position of the rectangle that you moved/resized; the second will be the original size. Click on Play and you'll see that it starts zoomed in and then zooms out. To section just does the opposite. Now you can start playing with the other things, like the duration. Be sure to delete the current effects - pop down the menu at the top right or to the right of the text in the keyframe area.

After doing the first one, switch to Size/Position and you'll see that the Position, Size and Zoom parameters change as you scrub along the timeline when you release the mouse. You could have done the same thing here manually by yourself.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos