Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/7/2016, 4:24 PM

Hi

. . . . All of a sudden timeline is blank but story board is still functioning . . . . 

Without more information and a screen shot of the timeline - these are some of the possibilities:

• not at the beginning of the timeline  - Home key will send the cursor to the beginning of the timeline or use the slider 1 shown below

• zoomed in on an empty section of the timeline - press Ctrl + 2 to zoom to the entire used timeline or the zoom controls 2 shown below

• used tracks have scrolled up - ensure the scroll bar at the end of the timeline ( 3 below ) is at the top of the range

• the displayed timeline is a second empty one in the project  click the appropriate tab (4 below) to switch timeline

if there is a second timeline this can be deleted by clicking the down arrow at 4

• any combination of the above

If none of these work please give more information and a screen shot ( cropped) to show the timeline area.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/7/2016, 4:26 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gclouette wrote on 7/14/2016, 2:48 PM

johnebaker:

Thanks John for your response. Sorry I took so long to respond. Your button #3 I had not considered, but I don't remember that I had scrolled the tracks up.

I'm just getting re-oriented to the Magix terminology. This is my 3rd version, the first running under Windows 10.

First, I've got three slideshows in a single project and they're all three loaded when I am editing any one of them. The first time the timeline went away it was only for one of the slideshows. The second time, they all went away. One thing I remember from the old days was that some problems were dependent on the number of pictures, videos and titles in the slideshow/project. I have a lot of objects in these three shows.

On one occasion I left the project open with the program running and went to eat dinner. When I came back, voila, there were the missing timelines. I assumed the program was still churning along and finally finished.

I have always saved my projects after any significant change. Now I am saving after almost every change untill I am more sure of the programs' operation.

You seem to have a good level of knowledge regarding this program. I hope that I can look forward to furure advise.

I've always had issues with Magix's documentation styles but I understand the issues of clearly describing complex software. I am now looking into splitting each of my current 3 slideshows into at least 2 separate slideshows. It's a little more involved but should be more manageable. I'm using very small numbers of objects to get the process down before I chance the "big bang".

Thanks again,

George

gclouette

johnebaker wrote on 7/14/2016, 3:09 PM

Hi George

. . . . I've got three slideshows in a single project . . . . 

I presume as three seperate timelines.  

If so then the easiest way to do this is to create three seperate projects, and complete all editting in all three.

Then create a fourth project, importing the individual ones previously created - using File, Open project and when prompted select Add to project.

This also makes it easier if you have to go back and edit one of the parts - however you do have to re-import a changed project and remove the old version from the complete project.

To split the current project with three slideshows - save the project 3 times with different name eg   . . . . Part 1,  . . . . . Part 2 etc.

Open each part individually and delete the timelines not required and save - repeat for the other parts.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/14/2016, 3:09 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.