Photos on CD & DVD 6 deluxe. after burning the disk ( which took forever) I need to change a couple of photos...does this mean I have to encode everything which of course means another very long burn. thanks John.

centuryfox wrote on 8/29/2012, 8:41 AM

Photos on CD & DVD 6 deluxe.

after burning the disk ( which took forever) I need to change a couple of photos...does this mean I have to encode everything which of course means another very long burn.   thanks John.

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/29/2012, 2:14 PM

Hi,

If you have already burned the project to disc, of course you need to burn it again.  You make a comment about how long it took, but you did not provide any system specs such as RAM, OS, CPU, all of which will affect burn times.

Please add this information in your posts so that we can best help with a solution to your problem.

centuryfox wrote on 8/30/2012, 7:15 AM

Hi George..  thanks for getting back re my question. I fear I havent made my query quite clear. 

I have been using this program for a few years and am used to the length of time it takes to burn a long slideshow. initially. From what I gather from fellow users the time is not out of the ordinary considering the number of photos I use.

As you say , of course I have to burn to DVD once again. If I burn a second and unchanged Disk project the burn time is reduced dramatically. I was kind of hoping that if it was only a very minor change to the slideshow that maybe the program would have a facility to just address the encoding of the changes while leaving the rest of the show as original and not go through the complete process of encoding all again. I guess I know what the answer is going to be !....but thanks for you patience.   John.

gandjcarr wrote on 8/30/2012, 10:10 AM

Hi John,

I should have checked your membership status before posting my original answer then I would have realized that you have experience.  Most questions I see are from new users, so I focused in on the "which took forever" part of the question.  I seem to recall johnebaker answering a question not too long ago that talked about how to do something very similar to what you are asking that probably won't help you this time but could help in the future.  I searched back a few days but could not find it.

With any luck, John will spot this post and give you the answer that I can't seem to find.

Good Luck

johnebaker wrote on 8/30/2012, 2:43 PM

Hi

I think George is referring to this topic 

Here are some tips:

I do a trial burn to rewriteable DVD-RW discs for testing - once I have what I want and the DVD is good, I generally copy the rewriteable to DVD-R using Nero. 

The rewriteables can be erased many times and save money if you get a dud.  If the DVD-RW does not play properly, or you need to make further changes to the movie, then you can erase the disc and use it again.

You can also use the image recorder to create an iso image of the disc without having to use a disc at all.

I also use this method for testing - to load the iso I use MagicIso Virtual CD/DVD manager - also, if I know I am going to burn many copies of the same disc, I use an iso image rather than disc copy and burn with Nero - this is quicker than disc copying.

I always keep a master disc of the finished movie to create more copies from - these are always stored in black DVD cases out of direct sunlight which can affect discs long term.

If it seems contradictory to use iso images and master discs this is because I am very concious of losing data and make multiple backups to 3 external hard drives each one being an identical image of my working hard drive - these are powered up only when I do the backups or I need to recover files that I have deleted then find I need again.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/30/2012, 2:43 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

centuryfox wrote on 8/31/2012, 3:04 AM

many thanks John.... very useful tips along with the link.  I guess im a bit cavalier with the way  I do things. Having said that the results I get are very pleasing.  My original problems (way back) with flimme/shimmer  have ben reduced to insignificance.  Each time I review the finished disk  I tend to nit-pick then go back and make small adjustments and re-burn.....so your advice is good.      regards John.