Photos are showing up in preview but not in the timeline. Help!

jclaybrook wrote on 7/12/2010, 10:34 PM
Whenever I play my slideshow or preview it, there are 2 photos that keep showing up. However, they are not anywhere in the timeline. I need to delete them, but cannot even select them because they are visible in the timeline at all. What is wrong? How can I fix this? Thank you!

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/14/2010, 9:01 AM
Maybe your project is so long that the photos are to small to see in the project.

Use the cursor to locate the area where the photos show in the preview montior and zoom into that section to see if you see them there, then you can edit them out.
jclaybrook wrote on 7/14/2010, 11:31 AM
Ah, yes. I did try that. I zoomed WAY into the timeline but they are not there! I am at a loss. I ended up re-doing the entire project bc I cannot get those photos out! Not sure what else to do! What a pain. Is there a setting that allows you to 'lock' or 'hide' items in the timeline? Maybe I've done that by mistake?
john-auvil wrote on 7/14/2010, 2:46 PM
<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

I do not think there is a way to lock or hide them, but if you still have that project available, if you open it... do those photos show when you change to the "Overview Mode"?

If they are, maybe you can delete them there.

Just wondering... I was trying to simulate the same thing you have, but I am not sure how. I can only imagine that somehow the EDL or the project list was somehow corrupted. I think resources could play an issue with that, but it seems like a one time fluke.

jclaybrook wrote on 7/14/2010, 3:40 PM
I will try the Overview mode and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know what I find out. I do still have the project available, I saved it for trouble shooting. I guess it could have become corrupted somehow; I wish I could re-create the problem too, I have no idea how it happened! Thanks for your suggestions and time. I will let you know what I see in Overview mode.
jclaybrook wrote on 7/14/2010, 7:46 PM
Nope, they are not there in the Overview mode. I have no idea what happened?