Photo Manager Pro does not show photo creation date

Timyarb wrote on 10/27/2018, 9:40 AM

I am trying to organize my photos and date is an important metric for me. I have imported the photos and when I look at the properties and Exif data it does not show the creation date properly. All the photos default to the 1900 date when I check them. I can look at the image properties in windows and it shows the proper date and ever other application shows the dates properly.

I am using Photo manager Deluxe 13.1.1.12 and the camera is a Nikon D300 and all of the photos are show in RAW so the imported photos are .NEF (Nikons RAW format)

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation to the application?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/27/2018, 11:31 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

I think  you may have just found a bug, or at least some aspect of the program which does NOT behave in the manner one might expect!

I run the same version of Photo manager, and have just tested this on my computer, using both jpg and RAW images, in my case from a Canon camera. The .jpg versions show all the EXIF data and Properties "correctly"; the RAW files do not.

I think you should raise this as an issue directly with Technical Support, via this page . It wouldn't do any harm to reference this thread in your ticket.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

EDIT: I have raised a ticket with Technical Support. It wouldn't do any harm, I think, for you to do the same!

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/27/2018, 11:42 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Timyarb wrote on 10/27/2018, 2:19 PM

Thanks for the quick response on this. I may just find a work around for it anyway. While Photo manager is a little slow with large collections of images, mine tend to be several hundred images at a time, it actually is a rather helpful management tool. I use Lightroom for the editing and exporting but I am really not fond of the photo management in Lightroom this one is literally exactly what I need.

I will add a ticket to technical support.

emmrecs wrote on 12/13/2018, 4:26 AM

Just returning to this thread, to update it for any user finding a similar problem and seeking help..

Support have acknowledged this is a bug and have passed the matter on to the developers.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam