Phoning home constantly fails

MajorEvent wrote on 4/15/2023, 9:32 AM

When starting MusicMaker, it constantly fails to connect when phoning home. I have to start the program sometimes 5 or 6 times before it makes a connection. If the connection fails, the error isn't handled, apparently, at all and the dialog box just sits there. I thought there was a 30 day window on license checks? It seems like Essential Fx needs to activate every time or, at least the animation runs showing it adding to my content when a successful connection occurs. I'd like this software except for this issue that makes it a real PITA.

MusicMaker 31.0.4.50

Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.2846

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/15/2023, 2:13 PM

@MajorEvent Try going into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store.

MajorEvent wrote on 4/16/2023, 12:53 AM

@MajorEvent Try going into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache of the store.

After resetting, I re-logged in and got the connection then and the next program load but after that back to the failed download.

At least there should be proper error handling to close the dialog.

SP. wrote on 4/16/2023, 3:02 AM

@MajorEvent It might help if you completely uninstall Music Maker and the remaining files and registry entries with a free tool like Revo Uninstaller. Maybe there are some unfinished downloads somewhere that Music Maker cannot delete or overwrite.

MajorEvent wrote on 5/20/2023, 2:17 AM

After searching through the support materials, I found this support article that had the information needed to fix the issue: https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/notification-could-not-connect-to-the-internet--154/

I needed to change the TLS setting to enable TLS1.0 and 1.1 and also set BITS to automatic. Since making those changes I seem to be connecting reliably.