PC turns off when saving to file

lars-ulsnes wrote on 1/17/2018, 3:58 PM

After recording from a video8 tape my PC suddenly turns off when the program creates the file. Afterwords I can find the file on my computer, but it misses about 80% of the recording. The total recording should have been about 12 minutes. The file shovws abot 2

I have tried on two different computers, one Win7 and one Win10. The same problem happends on both.

Tips?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/18/2018, 4:23 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, please read this post and supply all the information requested there, especially about the hardware on your computers.

When you say my PC suddenly turns off do you literally mean it shuts down completely or does it just stop recording the input from the video 8 tape?

If it is the former, I would suspect a problem with the computer overheating, and hence shutting down to protect itself. Are both the computers you've tested this on laptops? Could the cooling fan be clogged with dust? The process of digitising video is immensely demanding on the computer's processor. IOW, it gets very hot! If the cooling fan cannot keep the temperature under control, the computer has really no choice other than to shut itself down.

If the problem is that recording stops but the computer is not shutting down, you need to have a careful look at the actual footage your are attempting to import. It is highly likely there is some sort of "break" in the control pulse that the program needs to maintain sync between the audio and video you are trying to import. So, check the original footage at, or just before the point where the recording stopped. Is there any sort of visual break, disturbance or whatever which might cause RYVT to assume the capture has completed and hence it can stop?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

lars-ulsnes wrote on 1/20/2018, 11:45 AM

Hi

Both computers are laptops. And both of them completely shutdown.

The Task Manager tells me that the processor works on 100% after I click on Create movie. And after a while the computer shuts down without any warning.

About the computer:

HP 2540p

Win 10 Proffesional

4 GB RAM

Intel core i5 Processor, m540, 2,53 Ghz

So I think the problem is related to overheathing of the computer.