Page load speeds

Joe-Jutrisa wrote on 1/13/2022, 12:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm having massive problems with the website loading, especially on mobiles. There are numerous issues and I'll hopefully work through them, one by one. But one major issue seems to be "document.write()" in javascript on the page. Google and in particular Chrome picks up on this and wont load the page. There are other issues with code, filesize, js, some images and so on. I've done numerous page speed tests and they all show atrocious load times on mobile...5-6 secs! In real life its much worse. On an android phone with Chrome, it can take a minute to load! According to Google developers "How do I fix this? This simple answer is don't inject scripts using document.write()" Is there an alternative? Can that code be replaced with some other code to make it work? What do you think? Link to site is below. Thanks!

https://explosivemarketing.com.au

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/13/2022, 6:36 AM

@Joe-Jutrisa

Hi

I have tested your site using the latest Chrome on a Samsung mobile (LTE/3G connection in the EU) and can find no issues with the page loading times, the home pages loads in <10 seconds, and other pages also load in <10 secs.

On a laptop with a 60Mbps internet connection, the loading times are faster, ie <3 secs using Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera.

All websites produced by Web Designer are jQuery based so you cannot change the code. There is only one version of the site published, with javascript detecting the browser type and dimensions and the scripting/CSS then adjusting the web pages to fit.

The Safari web browser can have issues with jQuery/javascript driven web sites.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Joe-Jutrisa wrote on 1/13/2022, 2:59 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for that. I'm in Australia and our internet can be patchy. Maybe that is a contributing factor. It would be interesting to see results from others.

Former user wrote on 1/20/2022, 6:48 PM

50Mbps internet connection here in Australia. Site loads in <5 secs

Joe-Jutrisa wrote on 1/20/2022, 7:35 PM

Thanks for that. The other day, I set up caching and compression and got it from about 10 secs to 5 or 6. Its still pretty bad on mobile. Desktop is fine though. Cheers.