Only sound and no picture when capturing certain vhs tapes...

Jamo26 wrote on 9/21/2009, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I've been using Magic Rescue Your Videotapes 2.0 for a few days now. The first few VHS tapes went perfectly and both sound and image were in sync when capturing and I was able to make a suitable DVD.

However, I'm stuck on a two vhs tapes at the moment where the sound is captured but there is no picture. When I start the VHS player the picture can be seen on the computer for a split second but then it freezes (the sound carries on, just the picture is frozen). The picture can been seen fine when I hook the vhs player to the tv but it seems that the capture device doesn't stream the image, but only sound when hooked up to my laptop. 

I'm completly confused since most of my vhs tapes are captured perfectly

Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers, jamo. 

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/22/2009, 7:24 AM
Hello Jamo,

Are you positive the problem is specific to the video cassettes? Wouldn't it be possible that something in the software or hardware setup has become configured incorrectly, become disconnected or even defective? Does it really work again when you pop one of the cassettes that previously worked back into the VHS player? Just curious. The answer to this might save a lot of time in the trouble shooting process.