Online Purchase Order

Akhearix wrote on 5/26/2018, 10:22 AM

So I just purchased a software from Magix, however I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that even though they boast

"The download version allows you to download the software right after purchasing it. There are no shipping costs involved."

yet over an hour later I still don't have any email, any confirmation aside from the page post-payment. Has anyone else had this issue? if so, any suggestions or general timeline of how long it actually will take? I tried calling but its Saturday, so apparently no one works on the weekend, and the email support doesn't seem much faster....

T.I.A

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/26/2018, 11:33 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, you will see I have moved your post to the Off Topic forum; the Internet and Technology area is really for questions related to the various Magix products for web design etc.

Which product have you purchased? It should not make any difference but would be helpful to know.

It is very unusual for the emails with purchase confirmation and download links to arrive anything other than more or less instantly so I can't explain why you are still waiting. Have you ordered a product which offers a Trial version? If so, there is nothing to prevent you downloading and installing it to at least be able to make a start on using it.

Unfortunately, if you still receive nothing within the next few hours, I suspect you may need to wait until Monday morning, at the earliest, to be able to pursue with Magix sales via this page, selecting the option "Do you wish to contact the Sales Team?"

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Akhearix wrote on 5/26/2018, 1:01 PM

I purchased the program over 5 hours ago and still no email for the download, nor my product registration. Nothing in my inbox, junk nor spam.

As far as the product, Xara Web Designer Premium 15, it does have a trial, but I've passed the trial time, that's why I purchased the program in the first place, because I quite enjoyed it.

However from what you're telling me, I'm assuming i have to wait til Monday morning as, aside from Forum Moderators, Magix has no customer service or support, is that correct?

Akhearix wrote on 5/26/2018, 1:02 PM

Also, from the link you provided, my product is not in those choices,

and aside from that if I want to Call someone, I have to pay more?!?

emmrecs wrote on 5/26/2018, 1:23 PM

Hi again.

To not have received any email after five hours is unacceptable and, in my experience,very unusual. I realise that is no comfort to you, however.

I'm afraid you will have to wait until Monday morning if you've received nothing in the meantime. Magix Sales and Support personnel are accessed via the page link I listed before.

I'm not sure I understand your statement my product is not in those choices. What choices? When you access that page you will need to ensure you are registered with Magix and then click on the area of the screen highlighted below:

The link to "Sales" will take you to a page which lists typical "questions" (and answers) but also has the option to raise a support ticket. You need that option. And no, you most definitely should not need to pay!

As to your question about support, Forum Moderators and other posters are, with very rare exceptions, fellow-users and not Magix staff. As such, we clearly have no access to specifics of customer data or orders, payments etc.

There is one other "possibility" to explain the lack of any email reaching you: Web Designer is one of the products "manufactured" by Xara, who are owned by Magix. That is not to attempt to excuse the lack of an email but might be the reason for the very unusual problem you are experiencing.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 5/26/2018, 1:30 PM

@Akhearix

Did you check that the payment you made has actually gone through with the bank/credit card/Paypal or other provider you used?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Akhearix wrote on 5/26/2018, 3:36 PM

@johnebaker  as far as Magix is concerned, yes the payment went through. When I look @ my financial institution, The money went through and was processed, so in other words, yes.

@emmrecs the link you provided gives me a different visual than what you posted as an image.

this is what I get when I click the link. If i Click the "I did not receive my order..." it drops a "show more" option, which, in turn, presents the following. which, as you can see, none of these are my product...

johnebaker wrote on 5/27/2018, 5:10 AM

@Akhearix

In your second image click the third link down - . . . . I want to send a request . . . .this will open up the request form.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Akhearix wrote on 5/27/2018, 5:24 PM

@johnebaker I just followed what you sent, Here's hoping Magix steps up and sends me my purchase.... I'm not normally one to complain, but It's just a very irritating way of purchasing something digitally to avoid shipping, yet still have to wait for shipping, "technically"

Thanks for the help guys.

Akhearix wrote on 5/28/2018, 2:33 PM

Is there any way to actually be answered by these guys? I've left the email, the request form, and have been trying to reach them at 305-722-5810 and I mean, I understand that they only have a 4 hour window of time where they are open but the lines are apparently so busy it hangs up after telling me to try again later.

What kind of backasswards way of running a business is this?